ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Something Fishy
I'm in a fishy mood today...

What's your favourite fish to eat in Turkey, how do you prepare and serve it, or if you get it at a restaurant, what way do you like it?

I like simple grilled or barbequed sea bass with a drizzle of fresh lemon juice over it, served with a nice green salad.

C

Andy

Something Fishy
Hi Craig.

Personly i have never had a fish in Turkey that i liked, all the ones iv'e had have been full of bones & burnt to a frazzle so i gave up after my 2nd visit to Turkey 3yrs ago.

In fact i can say with my hand on my heart i have never had a good Turkish meal at all.

Here in the UK Sea Bass & Mackerel are my favourites.

butt007

Warren
Something Fishy
Yeah I love fish but the bones are a pain in the backside, it drives me nuts fiddling around trying to find them!! I always think of the Queen Mother who almost choked on one, but I still enjoy a grilled or bbq fish.
Warren

pebble

Something Fishy
I like grilled sea bream (chipura) and i usually have them de-bone before they serve it to me
in the states, I like salmon and luckily we get it here in the pacific northwest,

MrFOG

Something Fishy
best fish i've ever had was in fethiye fish market. me and the mrs started of with grilled big fat prawns bought live from the stall. we also had a small meze of calamari that had been marinated in beer to make it the tenderesit i've ever had, plus some juicy mussels covered in garlic butter and breadcrumbs and grilled.

we then had a big sea bass each which was grilled. the flesh was white as snow and really thick and juicy. only a few bones. served with crispy chips and salad with garlic lemon dressing.

went once to another posh restaurant out there and had seafood meze, lobster hot and grilled and sea bass - couldn't beat it. beautiful

Something Fishy
Hi Craig.

Personly i have never had a fish in Turkey that i liked, all the ones iv'e had have been full of bones & burnt to a frazzle so i gave up after my 2nd visit to Turkey 3yrs ago.

In fact i can say with my hand on my heart i have never had a good Turkish meal at all.

Here in the UK Sea Bass & Mackerel are my favourites.

We are very disappointed with the seafood as well Andy have tried loads of times and have not been very impressed either tasteless or greasy and alway served with the usual rice, chips and salad.

We really like shellfish and apart from once when we went to Metro and bought some very large prawns which I bbq, the only prawns we have had are obviously frozen tiny things.

Always looking for a paella type dish you know with lots of different types of shellfish or a fish stew but havent found one yet. Is there a Turkish equivalent?.

Just noticed we are both in or around Alanya perhaps this has something to do with it LOL

Jane

Bubskar

Something Fishy
best fish i've ever had was in fethiye fish market. me and the mrs started of with grilled big fat prawns bought live from the stall. we also had a small meze of calamari that had been marinated in beer to make it the tenderesit i've ever had, plus some juicy mussels covered in garlic butter and breadcrumbs and grilled.

we then had a big sea bass each which was grilled. the flesh was white as snow and really thick and juicy. only a few bones. served with crispy chips and salad with garlic lemon dressing.

went once to another posh restaurant out there and had seafood meze, lobster hot and grilled and sea bass - couldn't beat it. beautiful

Mr Fog has said it all - saved my little fingers the exercise. Can't beat the atmosphere and good food in Fethiye Fish Market. The best. :peace:

Something Fishy
I love Hamsi - fresh Anchovies. We have a tiny restaurant in the harbour, very basic, very cheap, called Badem. The owner/chef is a Black Sea man and he serves them Black Sea style - boned and coated in coarse cornmeal. Absolutely to die for!! Hamsi, lovely salad, village bread and a big glass of OK wine 15TL.

I love all fish and cook it regularly; we have an excellent fishmonger who is always persuading me to try something new - it was Mercan last week!

Something Fishy
on the whole i dont do fish but in bodrum i do enjoy sword fish, not sure where they get it or if it is local but it has been well cooked and well presented...

Latest Posts

Top Bottom