Something different
Hi everyone, I am looking for some recommendations for something different restaurant wise, we are in Avsallar which has quite a few restaurants but all the menus are exactly the same Kebaps of a few variations and steak with sauce along with the odd chicken snitschel and everything is served with chips, salad and rice.

Dont get me wrong we enjoy the food but want to experience something a little more authentic, there is bound to be more to Turkish food than kebaps.

Anyone got any recommendations, we dont mind travelling as far as Alanya or Side.

Also I know there is a Chinese in Alanya it was ok nothing special and very expensive, are there any Chinese or Indian restaurants Side way.

Looking forward to your replies.

Jane

Els

Something different
Hi Jane,
I know exactly what you mean! Even the "salads" are the same every time, same grated carrots, red cabbage and onions. If you are willing to drive to Side you could try Conny's Restaurant. It is in a small hotel but open to the general public. It is run by a Dutch couple who serve more European food (even pork). Good quality but not cheap, nice for a special occasion. Here is a link to their website CONNY's Boutiquehotel Restaurant Bar Side Turkey

Mills

Something different
Hi there, I would suggest the Green Beach Restaurant in Alanya or Mahperi. Mahperi is open all year but not sure about green beach this winter. The pasta dishes are delicious, you can view their menus on their website. Jon

Something different
Kervansaray on the main street..open all year
Ceşni ocakbaşı near the main otogar all year
Villa Okan Damlataş cad. all year
Red Tower restaurant all year
there are some really good restaurants in Alanya
and for home cooking you cant beat Jez in Eden Bar on the Oba road...especially his fish and chips

Something different
Kervansaray on the main street..open all year
Ceşni ocakbaşı near the main otogar all year
Villa Okan Damlataş cad. all year
Red Tower restaurant all year
there are some really good restaurants in Alanya
and for home cooking you cant beat Jez in Eden Bar on the Oba road...especially his fish and chips

Thanks Shirley

I will make a note of these for the next time we are about, I think what else I really need is the names of some dishes I should be looking out for as sometimes the restaurants dont have an English translation, anyone got any recommendations on traditional turkish faye.

Jane

val2661

Something different
Jane I always recommend my visitors to try the Osmanisch Pan, which is a spicy stew type of dish, the best I've tried is at The Baron in Avsallar. I also love Peynir Pide (Turkish cheese pizza), but you've probably tried these.

Val

Something different
Jane I always recommend my visitors to try the Osmanisch Pan, which is a spicy stew type of dish, the best I've tried is at The Baron in Avsallar. I also love Peynir Pide (Turkish cheese pizza), but you've probably tried these.

Val

Hiya Val

Yes I love Osmanisch Pan, the prawn version is good as well, but again served with the usual chips salad and rice, I love bulgar and one restaurant we visited in Avsallar had what looked like a large Turkish family having a celebration meal and they had all manner of delicious looking dishes (none of which we could see on the menu along with a big dish of bulgar, they had obviously made too much as the waiters came round and put a dish of it on every table and it made a lovely change.

We have seen this a few times, table of locals eating completely different dishes to everyone else, so I need to know what to ask for.

Jane

Latest Posts

Top Bottom