cigliboy

Some current prices in Turkey
Just brought a couple of the large bottles of water from our caretaker 30tl each ( I know they are always a bit dearer than if we get it ourselves from a shop). The good thing is that they get delivered all the way to the water dispenser
You seem to pay more for most things .our kapici delivers water to our flat door for 23 tl.

mollag

Kipper restorer
You seem to pay more for most things .our kapici delivers water to our flat door for 23 tl.
Has anyone had any luck with the Britas style jug water filters?, I was thinkingof bringing one with me this year.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
We flew in and went to collect motorbike , back tyre only had 15 lb in it . Guys took it away and cameback with new tyre . We had a ramp built next to house for parking , instead of a level grade it has a six inch xhoulder where it meets pathway , impossibe to get bike off without dropping it . Washing machine then packs up , engineer says new one so four days later it arrived . Air con needed flushing . Jackie had an awful cut on arm for helping get bike off ramp . Gas hob was us , had to be replaced . Dog attacked Jackie ripped shorts and caused skin punctures , but other than that has been a good but expensive start to the holiday .
Steve

Kanga

Has anyone had any luck with the Britas style jug water filters?, I was thinkingof bringing one with me this year.
Dont bother bringing one, you can get them in Migros. There was a big display recently. They're very effective at getting rid of the chlorine etc in the water; we use one in Wales where we get river water from the Teifi through the mains. It's amazing the difference between a glass of filtered, and a glass of tap water. We wouldn't bother buying bottled at home.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
£6 or £7 from Wilkos, same thing and cheaper filter inserts. The guys that make their own spirits swear by them as they remove off flavours, if its not right after first filter pour it through again until it is.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Dont bother bringing one, you can get them in Migros. There was a big display recently. They're very effective at getting rid of the chlorine etc in the water; we use one in Wales where we get river water from the Teifi through the mains. It's amazing the difference between a glass of filtered, and a glass of tap water. We wouldn't bother buying bottled at home.
I have just been given a filter jug buckshee, I have a home one here so I will take it, filled with my tiny-wineys and leave it at our base camp in Gumusluk. (y)

60tl seems to be the average price for an Efes or Tubourg where we are & 28tl in the Sec market

A large Turkish breakfast yesterday down by the river was 150tl.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Change of subject, what's the rents like up your way? Is there many places available.

According to our emlak friend, what we saw in Akbük for 3750tl per month would cost about 5000tl per month around our area (Kușadası).
We are about 12km out of Kușadası so might be slightly cheaper out here.
Not sure what availability there is.

enoch

According to our emlak friend, what we saw in Akbük for 3750tl per month would cost about 5000tl per month around our area (Kușadası).
We are about 12km out of Kușadası so might be slightly cheaper out here.
Not sure what availability there is.
Far better than Alanya and with the new Rp rules it could be tricky.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom