Gazarra

Solarventi Products
I'm considering installing a solar powered fan at my property to allow the place to be aired throughout the year. I already use solar power at a summer cottage I have and run the lighting and a fridge from just one panel.

I'm interested in the products Solarventi (who advertise on this site) offer and wondered if any forum members have any experience of them.

Gazarra

miela

Solarventi Products
Haven't heard anything about it but would be very interested, please keep us up to date. As you already use solar energy to run appliances in another property you will be well ahead of the game. If you manage to get it installed please let us know who your supplier was and how much you paid.

Gazarra

Solarventi Products
The Solarventi products look very interesting. The one that would suit my apartment will cost about 1,000 euros , not too expensive if it really works.

Like many on this board I have the problem of getting the place properly aired.At the moment I pay a person to come and do this every two weeks, which is costly and in my opinion not enough airing for the very humid climate in Yalikavak.

I'm also considering making my own system of solar panel,fans and inverter which I believe I can do for less than half the price ( depending on their availability in the Bodrum area). I'll keep you posted.

Gazarra

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Solarventi Products
If you are going the DIY route, you could consider a solar pipe. It is a passive system, which essentially is a pipe going up the outside of the house on the sunny side. It is plugged into (through) the wall at the bottom and is open at the top. It is painted black to absorb heat.
On the other side of the room (to the pipe) you fit an air brick on the cool side of the house.
As the pipe heats up in the sun the air inside rises, sucking air across the room thereby ventilating.
There is a way to reverse it in winter so that by diverting the flow you can get warm air into the house to an upstairs vent.

Ian

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_chimney[/ame]

Last edited:

captain

Solarventi Products
I'm considering installing a solar powered fan at my property to allow the place to be aired throughout the year. I already use solar power at a summer cottage I have and run the lighting and a fridge from just one panel.

I'm interested in the products Solarventi (who advertise on this site) offer and wondered if any forum members have any experience of them.

Gazarra

I'm the same as you - I have seriously considered Solarventi but haven't yet come across anybody in Turkey who's had one fitted. I'm sure they're ideal for the Turkish environment. I think by next year I'll take the plunge and get one fitted.
At the moment I leave a de-humidifier on a time switch (clockwork, so it doesn't matter if you get power cuts) to run for about 4 hours / day - this works very well but solar powered sounds even better.
Hopefully somebody who's got one fitted will give us an idea of what they're like.
Doug

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Solarventi Products
Have you got one of these fitted? Sounds simple & good.

Doug

No, but if the whole thing cost £20 I would be surprised. After fitting it cost you nothing to run. A large plastic drain pipe and brackets, painted black, will do it.
Ian

jearden

Solarventi Products
I'm the same as you - I have seriously considered Solarventi but haven't yet come across anybody in Turkey who's had one fitted. I'm sure they're ideal for the Turkish environment. I think by next year I'll take the plunge and get one fitted.
At the moment I leave a de-humidifier on a time switch (clockwork, so it doesn't matter if you get power cuts) to run for about 4 hours / day - this works very well but solar powered sounds even better.
Hopefully somebody who's got one fitted will give us an idea of what they're like.
Doug

After last years problems I'm looking for a positive solution for this winter when my apartment will be empty for 3 months. I like your idea of a de-humidifier on a time switch and presumably with a humidistat set around 55rh. I'm thinking in terms of a portable stand alone unit similar to an Ebac 2000 that I can drain to the shower tray. Any idea where I can buy this type of unit in the Bodrum/Mugla area?

Gazarra

Solarventi Products
I've been studying the solarventi web site and there are just two things that bother me ;

a) The price -- it seems a lot to pay for a small solar panel and a fan/heater.
but if it is the away that fan/heater dries the air at the same time as heating it that is the "secret" then it may be the ideal product.

b) On the web site it states that it heats the air before it enters the property.
Fine if it dries it as well but if it only heats it then I could well end up with a condensation problem.

Gazarra

martin m

Solarventi Products
Hi all,
I remembered this being covered before, feb 2008, (not bad for someone witha bad memory).
search "solarventi" by pete the postie, he put a link in,to a article by "voices" newspaper.
martin

captain

Solarventi Products
I'm thinking in terms of a portable stand alone unit similar to an Ebac 2000 that I can drain to the shower tray. Any idea where I can buy this type of unit in the Bodrum/Mugla area?

It works well - mine drains into the kitchen sink. You can buy dehumidifiers in Turkey at a few places but they're expensive. I don't know of anywhere around Bodrum that sells them - go to Google and look for "nem giderici".
I bought 2 portable units from B&Q in UK, bought a big bag, and took them (1 at a time) to Turkey, as checked in luggage. :cool::cool:

miela

Solarventi Products
I had holes drilled in the walls of my living room and bedroom and had vents fittted on the outside and inside to prevent spiders or mosies from coming in from outside. I also had a window restrictor fitted to my bathroom windows and a window grill fitted on the outside. That way the air is able to circulate and the temperature is the same inside and outside whether summer or winter, therefore no condensation. I also have mosi nets which means there are no unexpected guests. We have had no problems with our apartment over the winter or when it is empty during the summer.

Last edited:

ChrisBobs

Solarventi Products
If anyone is in Yalikavak (or on Bodrum Peninsula), you should get in touch with Peter the Solarventi man, as he has panels in his own apartments in Bitez and Turkbuku ( thats how he got invloved!) and I saw the very first Solarventi panel installation in Yalikavak by a Danish homeowner- its a Danish product! They are all more than happy to show you their homes.

Gazarra

Solarventi Products
I'm in touch with Peter and I shall meet him during the last week of July.
However I am being drawn toward installing a solar panel and fitting a fan and vent myself.I'm sure one of the yacht chandlers in Bodrum have suitable solar panels.

Just a thought on the subject of dehumidifiers, is there a product on the market that will purify the water the machine collects ? It might save humping those big water bottles from the supermarket.

Gazarra

captain

Solarventi Products
Any idea how much this system costs?

All the info you need is on the Solarventi website. I'd be interested to know the outcome if anybody is going to have a look at a working installation.

Doug

:thanks:

james fowler

Retired to Yalikavak
Solarventi Products
Any idea how much this system costs?

Spoke to peter a few weeks ago whilst he had a stall outside Kipa for the weekend. The system looked pretty good but it was around £900 fitted for the smallest unit as long as it was fitted at ground level ie no ladders or scaffolding & would only work in a fairly small room & the larger unit depending again on fitting was anywhere between £1500- £2000. Allthough it looked good I was not 100% sure it would do the job expected & I thought it was rather expensive but dont let me put you off this is only my opinion have a word with him yourself.

nwclio

Solarventi Products
An office in Akbuk is a local agent for solarventi and they have had them fitted in their villas and have noticed a big difference, may consider fitting one in my villas as my wife feels the cold in the winter and any extra warm air will help!
They are called Lets-Akbuk, the Akbuk branch of Lets Altinkum if anyone wants any info..

chunkyguru

chunkyguru
Solarventi Products

Gazarra

This link wyth customer comments should help......
What Customers Say

chunkyguru

chunkyguru
Solarventi Products
Hi guys and ladies - so much confusion, so many questions about SolarVentiand whethe it realy works!:) - don't be shy- I am more than happy to answer all your questions and point you in the right direction towards a cost effective solution.
Feel free to email me - peter@dampfreehomes.com or call me directly by telephone - details on website

HOWEVER- first I think it best that you check out some background information so that you understand the nuts and bolts of the Solarventi solution - here is how to find this info.

Go to Solarventi dot com and click on "manuals etc" on the blue bar at top of page.
Then tab down and select any one of the following clickable links on left hand side of page....
Customer Opinions, What to Remember, Frequently Asked Questions

If you want to see why SolarVenti is the best product in its class, please go to Solarventi dot com and select "Background" on the blue bar at top of page - then tab down and select "Why SolarVenti Patent" on the left hand side.
This is a bit technical, but then, unlike myself, some of you guys love this stuff - me I'm a simple sausage- I switch the TV/Radio on an expect them to work immediately, I get on the big metal bird with 300 passengers and expect to fly across the world with no probs. I switch Solarventi on - it works immediately it sees the sun and keeps my place damp free, warm, and fresh.Am I really interested exactly how it works? - I'm guessing you know the answer!:)

As regards price, it is a no brainer if you live here in Turkey as you'll save on your electricity bills and have a payback in way less than 3 years versus a conventional electric powered system.
If you visit just for holidays, price is more of a consideration - however, you probably don't want a musty smelling apartment with damp problems when you arrive for your well earned break - the costs of paying someone to air your apartment and to repaint every year add up to a tidy amount if you have your place for 10 years or more and costs may increase year on year.

A 2 year monthly direct debit via your bank would cost just over £43 for a solution for 40/50 sq mtr coverage , and just over £66 for a property of 70/80 sqtrs. Whilst threse prices do reflect interest charges to the bank, they do make the Solarventi a more afforable proposition in these difficult times, and you can enjoy all the benefits of the system NOW, rather than saving up to afford it (and shelling out in the meantime for winterisation charges and repainting costs etc)

A SolarVenti system will last you 20 years or more, and you can take it with you if you move - all the time it will be protecting the fabric of your (expensive) investment in the sun from the ravages of the winter climate here in Turkey- long term exposure to damp from end August when you leave to April/May when you return is simply not good for your property.

I hope this helps and I repeat that I am happy to respond to individual calls/emails as mentioned above

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom