tomc1984

Solar Ventilation
Interesting idea, would be useful if you could have solar powered aircon, save a fortune on electricity, did have a look but not sure if it would work in a house, seems more for small spaces.

jcrian

Solar Ventilation
They state it moves 34 cu mts of air an hour so over a day it would move quite a lot of air in a house.

Not designed for cooling but to change the air in an enclosed space.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Solar Ventilation
We could do with about 20 of those in our loft to take some of the heat away.

v6cod

Living in Okcular
Solar Ventilation
Sorry for the hijack but there are a lot of DIY solar projects on this site

Solar Homes -- Design, construction, and living in

from solar space heating to solar pool heating. The link goes to the space heating part of the site but I was particularly interested in the poll heating side as it looks really simple and would extend the use of the pool.

Peregrine

Solar Ventilation
They state it moves 34 cu mts of air an hour so over a day it would move quite a lot of air in a house.

Not designed for cooling but to change the air in an enclosed space.

120m2 house times 2.5 m floor to ceiling is 300m3

so 1/10 of an airchange per hour ? doesnt sound a lot compared to the recommended airchange rates used in UK

I recon you would need quite a few to get a reasonable ventilation system going

still, it looks like an interesting rival to the Solarventi products

chunkyguru

chunkyguru
Solar Ventilation
In much the same way that a mouse is an interesting rival to an elephant!! - and you 're right- you'd need loads of them - if a job's worth doing , it's worth doing well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Solar Ventilation
On the mold thread i asked about using aircon for ridding a house of damp. Anyone know ?

I use the Koctas salt dehumidifiers, am told they work well by our property agent.

Will find out soon.

Steve.

ted j

Solar Ventilation
Hi Steve. we have been getting a lot of condensation in one outside corner of our bedroom lately(north facing) with the extremeley cold weather. Our bungalow here in the UK was built using old fashioned breezeblocks, ( brick outside, cavity, then breezeblocks inside, Then inside walls plastered), the breezeblocks are the old type and are very hard to cut unlike thermalite, the ones used nowadays which you can cut with a hacksaw, and are "warm" (think aero bubbles, compared to a slab of concrete) ,so 2 days ago i tried a bowl of salt behind my bedside cabinet NO CONDENSATION! (not even the usual little damp patch of about 3x6 inches). So i would imagine the salt dehumidifiers work very well. Ted

Last edited:

chunkyguru

chunkyguru
Solar Ventilation
There are 3 basic types of dehumidifier - the advantages/disadvantages of each may be found at the following link:- Dehumidifier Guides - Types of Dehumidifier.

Solar dehumidifiers are a different beast, using the energy of the sun rather than electricity. SolarVenti solar dehufidiers even more so, being unique in offering a 3 in 1 solution- dehumidification to prevent damp, mould and condensation: fresh air circulation for a healthier atmosphere and no musty smells; and a secondary heating effect so you don't have to use your standard heating system so much. Google solar dehumidifiers bodrum for more info.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom