Jodwina

Solar panels?
Hi All
we are fed up with our Combi boiler which is always letting us down with no hot water or heating plus the price of gas would it be better to replace it with Solar panels or electric heating and any idea of the cost to fit.
Thanks Jodwina

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Solar panels?
Are you talking about solar panels to heat water directly or photo Voltaic panels to generate electricity? Which country are you in?

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Solar panels?
Are you talking about solar panels to heat water directly or photo Voltaic panels to generate electricity? Which country are you in?
I think he's in turkey on a combination boiler.? First question can you fit solar on the roof, is it your roof or a complex? Mains water pressure boilers are not so expensive or they weren't. Fitting price wouldn't have a clue, biggest job is the electric cable from your fuse box to your bathroom, that's were most people put them.

Jodwina

Solar panels?
Hi All
we are fed up with our Combi boiler which is always letting us down with no hot water or heating plus the price of gas would it be better to replace it with Solar panels or electric heating and any idea of the cost to fit.
Thanks Jodwina
We are in Yalikavak at the moment going back to UK next week but returning next April for longer Covid permitting and would like to sort out the water and heating for next year. We don’t know enough about which is the best system any advice very welcome . Thanks Jodwina

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Solar panels?
What's the actual issue with your combi ?
I'd say the same as the uk price of botted gas, they always were expensive to run on bottled gas, and the boiler if he's lucky will be a valliant, heard not so good stories about turkish makes but no first hand experience.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Solar panels?
I'd say the same as the uk price of botted gas, they always were expensive to run on bottled gas, and the boiler if he's lucky will be a valliant, heard not so good stories about turkish makes but no first hand experience.
The site next to our house was on a large shared but individually metered tank. I think, but may be wrong that politics was an issue when it came to filling time.

Jodwina

Solar panels?
The Combi has a hole in it so we are told and will have to go to Izmir to be fixed leaving us with no heating or hot water for at least a week. We wonder is it worth it Or should we junk it and start again with a different system that give both hot water and heating ?Jodwina

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Solar panels?
The Combi has a hole in it so we are told and will have to go to Izmir to be fixed leaving us with no heating or hot water for at least a week. We wonder is it worth it Or should we junk it and start again with a different system that give both hot water and heating ?Jodwina
My experience is that combis are built to be repaired on site, not actually much in them, have you considered replacing with another brand ? Probably the easiest option. There is/was a business on Gokcabel Rd called Sunmax, they had a heating and hot water solar system demo set up a few years ago, it takes up a lot of room, from memory the heating water buffer tank was large wardrobe size, that would need a hefty Electrical supply as a back up. Personally if I was moving away from a combi, which I wouldn't if there were already radiators fitted, would be to rely on inverter Air cons, probably cheaper to run over all, many are now wi fi controlled so easy to set up programs. And I would have either a solar hot water heater on the roof or an electric water storage heater inside, still might be worth a 2nd opinion on your combi though

Jodwina

Solar panels?
Thanks for all the help I think we will junk the Combi it’s been iffy for the last 10 years and go for electric heating and solar water panels. Jodwina

Latest Posts

Top Bottom