leylaasena

solar panels/water heaters
I'be got one of the new types with tubes rather than a solar panel.They say it'll keep the water hot even if it's minus thirty outside.
It was great in April and May when the weather wasn't great.I'm hoping it'll be the same in Jan !!!
We got ours from a shop in Akb├╝k - a friend of a friend -and only paid 850 mill for the whole system.

Any one know why all of the new property we were shown in yalikavak have electric water heaters instead of solar?

tykatem

Available in sarcastic to
Quite often builders will only fit solar panels as an optional extra. We had the tubular system fitted to our place, it does cost more than the conventional "oil drum" set up, but it is more efficient.

Pete

v6cod

Living in Okcular
On our Villa they have fitted solar panels but we have the tanks inside the roof space instead of outside, don't know if this will mean the water willl keep hot for longer (no wind chilling it down) but it is definately better aesthetically (excuse spelling).

Rimms

V6, we had our tanks taken out of the roof space, they can sometimes over heat and burst, if this happens while inside the water will flood through your property and bring down ceilings. Our decision seems like a good one as the tank started leaking really badly earlier this year and had to be replaced.

v6cod

Living in Okcular
Will have to get onto my builders then and see what they say, I know we have some sort of sensor on the roof to control the temperature of the tanks.

chesney

yes I am a girl lol
Rimms said:
V6, we had our tanks taken out of the roof space, they can sometimes over heat and burst, if this happens while inside the water will flood through your property and bring down ceilings. Our decision seems like a good one as the tank started leaking really badly earlier this year and had to be replaced.

We had a similar problem. Woke up to water dripping onto our faces whilst in bed. There was a leak with the water tanks and following gravity, the nearest 'hole' for it to flow through was the light fitting over the bed.
Now, every 'hole' hopefully sealed in preparation for this winter,
Pennie xx

Raysalaff

Just Call Me Ray !
Rimms said:
Now I know why they are on the roof ! :)

Dont get into hot water out there!! :36:

Ray :) :)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom