tony&rose

tony&rose
Sodium Chlorate - Weedkiller
hi,can anyone tell me where i can purchase sodium chlorate in fethiye or dalaman,ortca,regards tony

Last edited by a moderator:

PASH

Re: sodium chorlide

I am assuming its the weedkiller, i have looked myself and cannot find it there, ended up taking roundup out with me from the UK

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed

You can buy genuine Round Up here in Turkey at many horticultural suppliers (in Fethiye anyway). It's 15 TL for a 1 litre bottle and 70 TL for a 5 litre container.

tony&rose

tony&rose

i wish to kill everything in soil before i put down plastic membrain and then covering with polished aggregate,hope this helps and i have spelt everything correct

dalyansteve

Any of the horticultural suppliers will have this, sometimes they call it "yabanci ot ilac" which translates to foreign weed poison.
However if you do want large quantities of sodium chloride, nice and clean sea salt type for food or pool purposes try Sevikoglu in Dalaman, Ortaca or Dalyan I have recently bought 5 tonnes which they had and could deliver next day.

As a weedkiller, Sodium chlorate persists in the top few inches of the ground for over a year and will succesfully kill off relatively shallow rooted plants. It is however potentially explosive, and so a risk prior, during and for a while after application. It also 'creeps' sideways from where it is applied and so can kill off plants perhaps not intended to be killed.
As PASH says 'Roundup' is a weedkiller widely available in the UK. Its active ingredient is Glyphosate, which in itself is not a poison. However, when absorbed by a plant, the plants own chemistry converts it into a poison and so it is translocated (transported) throughout the plant killing it 'down to the roots'. It will only kill plants it is watered (better with a v fine spray) onto and so does not stop new weeds germinating - but your plastic membrane will.
Many other really effective weedkillers have in the past few years fallen foul of the 'Health & Safety' brigade and been banned under the Control of Substances Harmful to Health (CoSHH) regulations.

Last edited:

matty

i wish to kill everything in soil before i put down plastic membrain and then covering with polished aggregate,hope this helps and i have spelt everything correct

Touchdown will do the job perfectly! You can get it from the gardening shop on Dalaman main street.. Its about 20lira.

petere

ROUNDUP can be bought in any of the farmer supply shops in fethiye,
also sold as BOXER-herbisit (yabanci ot ilaci)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom