Dreamy

Social worker job in Turkey - possibilities?
I am a sosial worker, and would love to work With counselling etc in Alanya.

How is the market and possibilities for this - does anyone know?

I think f.ex to work With foreigners or tourists.

val2661

Re: Sosial worker - possibilities?

You can only do work that a Turk is unable to do and then you will still need a Work Permit. Use the search facility on the Forum to look up other threads relating to working in Turkey.
Sorry to put a dampener on your dreams, but I and others will tell you that it is not possible to just move to Turkey and find work. It is hard enough for the Turks to find employment, so for foreigners it is virtually impossible.

Val

Dreamy

I totally understand, just thought that maybe With the tourists og forigners it is different. Because that is kind of a job that it is great to have a common background and Language.

Thanks for taking the time anyways :)

Akasya

Postless Pointer

Please tell me that " sosial " was merely a typo.

Steve.

Hi Dreamy ..although i said it is getting easier for foreigners to get a work permit you really do need some special skills ..and then you have to find somebody who will employ you and pay the relevant taxes.

Turkey is not exactly full of altruistic benevolence to the social problems of foreigners..this isnt the EU....its not exactly known for sympathy towards its own citizens let alone foreigners who may get into difficulty ..unless of course they're loaded.

There is a very active Social Services Department here dealing with unbelievable social problems
if ou are interested in the problems women have and the work going on take a look at this site..which has a lot about work in turkey..they are always on the look out for roving reporters ..

Flying Broom - Women News Site

another site is Mor Catı/purple roof about women's shelters
https://www.morcati.org.tr/en/

a brief read through the above site might give you some insight into the problems Turkish and non Turkish women have to deal with ...maybe behind the smiling faces you see...domestic violence here is a big problem.

to get involved in any sort of work here you need to speak some understandable Turkish or you will be taken advantage of.

İ dont want to walk over your dreams i can understand your longing to be part of the sunshine city of Alanya..believe me outside of tourist areas like Alanya Turkey is a different world

Dreamy

Thank you for a very good answer. I will check Your links right now.

I have to say that I am very thankful for everyones kind and helpful way of being in here.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom