IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Social Cohesion course
We recently received a text from the local adult education centre. It said that we were 'required' to attend a course for all foreigners on social cohesion. It is supposed to be an 8 hour course (over several days) and attendance is compulsory, those who do not attend will receive a 'punishment'. Has anyone else heard of such a thing?

enoch

Social Cohesion course
We recently received a text from the local adult education centre. It said that we were 'required' to attend a course for all foreigners on social cohesion. It is supposed to be an 8 hour course (over several days) and attendance is compulsory, those who do not attend will receive a 'punishment'. Has anyone else heard of such a thing?
No, how would they select who goes to it in alanya.

Kanga

Social Cohesion course
A few years ago the Mayor of Datca held a meeting for all foreigners as a 'getting to know you' exercise. He was amazed to see the numbers of us who turned up, far more than expected. He was hoping to set up some kind of interactive group to make sure that people were kept informed of various decisions but it never came to anything. There's now a facebook page instead, which is quite good.

Camden

Social Cohesion course
I think this is for Syrian Asylum seekers ... and only compulsory if seeking Asylum ..

Turkey is the country with the highest Syrian asylum seekers hosted in the world. Social cohesion of Syrians has a very important place in building a peaceful society. The Social Cohesion and Life Education Program (SUYE) was developed by the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Directorate General of Migration Management in cooperation with Ministry of Education to educate migrants about living in Turkey and to create a culture of living together with the local community. In this study, it is aimed to measure that whether Syrian asylum seekers who participated in the program increase their knowledge about living in Turkey or not and aimed to evaluate the efficacy of SUYE Program. According to the analysis with the participation of 225 Syrian asylum seekers in Esenyurt district of Istanbul province, there was a statistically significant increase in the right answers given by the Syrians in the form applied at the end of the program compared to the answers they gave before the education. This means that the SUYE program facilitates Syrian asylum seekers’ life and increases the level of knowledge about social life in Turkey which means program is beneficial and should be implemented widely. Keywords: social cohesion, Syrian asylum seeker

And this one from the Governor of area with a high percentage of Syrians ...

Courses are given to our foreign citizens for social cohesion and life education

Governor Mehmet Alpaslan Işık attended the course program of foreign trainees who have the legal right to stay in our province within the scope of the Social Cohesion and Life Education (SUYE) Program, which started at the Public Education Center within the framework of the cooperation protocol between the Ministry of National Education, General Directorate of Lifelong Learning and the Directorate of Migration Management.

Governor Işık, who made a speech in the course that started within the scope of the 8-hour Social Integration and Life Education Program with the aim of facilitating the adaptation of all adult foreigners who have the legal right to stay in our country, especially Syrians under temporary protection, to social, economic and cultural life; “You are also our citizens, we will live together. May Allah not force anyone to leave their homeland. You did not come here willingly. But circumstances compelled you to come here. Now you are our guests here.”

Governor Işık's speech; “We are helping you in every way possible and we will continue to do so. As a state, this is our policy. Never see yourself as separate from us. Maybe you hear some negative things. But these are certainly not things against you. We are Turkish-Syrian brothers. Let's not forget this. We are both religious brothers and our cultural ties have continued for centuries. We will live together in peace and security by preserving these common points.

Our request from you is: Governor Işık said that as a state, we want you to live in harmony with us, that is, by integrating with the Turks, rather than grouping among yourselves, by participating in our lives; “If you have any problems, our relevant institutions, especially our migration directorate, are ready to help you. But, as I said before, there may be those who want to disrupt this brotherhood and unity. We should not allow them. We will not see each other as enemies, we will see each other as individuals living in the same society in the same life, we will accept it as such and carry out this work together like this," he said.

Governor Işık continued his speech; There are general problems in the world that affect all of us. These are problems that can be overcome together. Together, we will solve these problems by believing in unity of power. We have younger brothers among us. They are just starting life, they have hope, they have a future, I hope they build a good life here. But I hope there will be peace in your country, peace will come and if you want to return to your country, of course you will, this is a job you know. But right now, you are our guests.”

Governor Işık stated that this course will be given to 1075 people within two months within the scope of the program; “The purpose of this course is to help you participate and integrate into society. Definitely, my request from you is that you do not let your children get lost in any event that affects the public order. Inform the nearest police and gendarmerie units when such participation occurs. If you see any wrongdoing against you, I especially ask you to inform us about them," he concluded.

At the end of the program, Governor Işık, who listened to the problems of the trainees, gave a toy to a child in the hall.

Karaman Governorate / PRESS

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Social Cohesion course
Our names and nationality were on the list. It is easy to filter for nationality on a database. We went to the initial meeting and were then summoned back for another about 2 weeks later.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Social Cohesion course
Our names and nationality were on the list. It is easy to filter for nationality on a database. We went to the initial meeting and were then summoned back for another about 2 weeks later.
Is it similar to the Chinese re-education camps for Uhgurs ? "You will vote for AKP" repeat after me....

Rua

Social Cohesion course
I haven't heard anything.It doesn't make sense for old timers to attend after all this time.Surely, all the educational facilities are closed now until September.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Social Cohesion course
I haven't heard anything.It doesn't make sense for old timers to attend after all this time.Surely, all the educational facilities are closed now until September.
Not at all, we were offered language courses, archery, handicraft courses. I translated for a Jordanian family (They speak good English, even after 13 in the Persian Gulf my Arabic is crap), and he was offered Turkish lessons with an Arabic speaking teacher).

Rua

Social Cohesion course
Halk Egitim (Public Education) courses are usually held from the end of September to May.They are popular and very varied.I'm surprised that they are being run in the summer.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom