akbukowl

so when will
our complex be finished.December 12 2005 i first visited the site ,a week later we payed a deposit to secure the plot and it's january 23rd 2010 the apartment is built and we have a swimming pool but there's still no secure electricity supply we are on builders electricity and if there are more than 6 apartment being used at any one time then the power supply cuts off and we have no water.I am starting to think that i wish i had never heard of Turkey.

Rav 4T

so when will
Am in the same boat as you - but still waiting for my TAPU as well. I know that the rental deal struck recently should push a lot of these issues to be fixed (i.e. utilities / mini market / other facilities) especialy if there is a demand for the appartments to be rented out.

But really do empathise with your frustrations and can only hope that Sunset Homes rise to the challenge of fixing the issues soon as ultimately it will be to their benefit.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
so when will
Am in the same boat as you - but still waiting for my TAPU as well. I know that the rental deal struck recently should push a lot of these issues to be fixed (i.e. utilities / mini market / other facilities) especialy if there is a demand for the appartments to be rented out.

But really do empathise with your frustrations and can only hope that Sunset Homes rise to the challenge of fixing the issues soon as ultimately it will be to their benefit.

rental deal ?

martin

juco

so when will
I know that the rental deal struck recently should push a lot of these issues to be fixed (i.e. utilities / mini market / other facilities) especialy if there is a demand for the appartments to be rented out.

Rental deals rarely work, its usually a lot of hot air to pacify buyers. I also doubt very much if this will accelerate any finalising of facilities.

Its a chicken and egg situation if its a company/travel agent rental deal they will want to see it finished and up to their standard before any contract is signed. You do realise of course you COULD get limited access to your own property if you agree to the rental deal!

Demand for rentals is way down on previous years and in previous years its doubtful if anyone made any money from it.

Push for your tapu and forget all the hot air airy fairy stuff.

Think about it.... they are going to rent out apartments which you paid for and the developer owns, and along the way is screwing you for higher elec & water charges, you own NOTHING until you have the Tapu in your name!

Last edited:

Rav 4T

so when will
Agree with most of what Juco and CarolK say regarding TAPU and believe me it is the most important thing on my mind right now - however, I know that akbkowl has already got his and was really trying to give him something positive to think about in addition.

I live in wait and in hope for my own TAPU though.....

NessP

so when will
our complex be finished.December 12 2005 i first visited the site ,a week later we payed a deposit to secure the plot and it's january 23rd 2010 the apartment is built and we have a swimming pool but there's still no secure electricity supply we are on builders electricity and if there are more than 6 apartment being used at any one time then the power supply cuts off and we have no water.I am starting to think that i wish i had never heard of Turkey.
Just got military clearance!
We paid deposit in June 2006 and have just received military clearance, next tapu (hopefully). Didn't realise that the electricity isn't yet connected I believe the sub-station is in place. Were hoping to visit soon to collect deed and furnish the apartment although when I'm not sure. Anyone elso furnished theirs yet? Was it much hassle? Would appreciate any info! Thanx

EVANS739

so when will
I bought off Sunset Homes and have not had any problems, also we have our Tapu.
Any rental money has also been paid

juco

so when will
Look at this and I hope it makes sense, the figures are fictional and I am not saying this builder is a problem as I dont know them from adam. I am saying though GET the TAPU!

Builder builds 10 apartments and has debt of £100,000
He sells 5 at £10,000 so he has paid back half of his debt

So he can pay the debtor £50,000 plus give him 5 properties and he makes no money.
Or …
He pays the £50k to the debtor to keep him at bay but does not give you the tapu, so in theory he still has 10 houses to sell but he has still to pay £50k.

So lets assume things go pearshape…….

He still owes the debtor £50k but he could sell the houses (10) off now at £5k and pay off his debt.

I hope you get the jist of this but basically although they will issue some tapus they will always hold some back as a hedge against their debts in case things don’t work out, and who loses?

Tess

so when will
Juco, that is exactly how it is done. Our dodgy builder gave out a very small proportion of tapus over a lengthy period, one now one again, kept all satisfied as every now and again we heard of someone getting a Tapu, made us feel good, ahhh Tapus are being released. Unknown to us all the sad reality was it was only a teaser, he was never going to give everyone a Tapu, the position all of us now find ourselves in is - many Tapus are in debt to the eyeballs and will never be released, anyone in our camp who have a Tapu thus far, is the only guys ever going to get one, our mess is so sorry, no one left will realise a Tapu for their purchase. It may rumble on still for many months but the debts are far tooooooooo much anyone left wants their Tapu will be eligible to lift the debt first. Purchaser = loser in our camp. Builder = winner, walks away, scott free.
Anyone waiting, start shouting, start finding out the reason, Crescent Homes offer an investigation service, use it, do not wait any longer for answers, waiting is wrong, waiting gives the builders leverage to make it worse. DO NOT WAIT ANY LONGER. I don't want to read any more stories like mine. ACT NOW!!!!!

so when will
Re: Complex to be rented

Hi

New member to this forum. Interesting topics which has given me more awareness of Turkey and the problems.

Does anyone knows if the complex (ATOP)has been provsionaly rented to a british company for rental.

I have put my appartment for rental with Sunset Homes to this new English company, but no offical confirmation yet.

If any families living in ATOP complex, would kindly tell us if you have spoken to any English company who has shown interest in the complex or have seen some development happening

I have also a appartment in Apolo Court 2 ( four seasons) which my family loves, and have made some lovely friends and my children love coming here.

Kerem from sunset homes has always solved any problems in apolo court 2, so i was glad i invested will Sunset Homes.

Regarding ATOP i havent got much feedback, so im hoping to gets some information from the forum.

Thanks

so when will
what is the problem re getting this habitation certificate?It seems a nice complex but why is it taking years to get this certificate? Would you recommend buying into this complex or are there problems re the developer?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom