zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
So. What do you collect? Antiques etc...
over the years im sure some of you have come to probably have a large collection of things which you like or mean something to you. I have a love of antique and things from the past! What i have been collecting slowly are antique oil lamps which i purchase in medium to bad condition at a good price then restore it to its previous beauty! i also collect wedgewood jasperware!
LGIM0676.jpg

mikehibb

Years ago I was a bit of a Tegestologist.

It was a father and son thing, we would often go out on trips searching for rare examples, thoroughly enjoyable hobby.

zuberdust

It was a father and son thing, we would often go out on trips searching for rare examples, thoroughly enjoyable hobby.

sounds interesting! what is this hobby?

flowerpotman

No Clique just Creak
You look to young for it Zuber better throw the towel in before the end of the night.

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner

OK Mikehib, you are gonna have to enlighten me!!!!!! :help:

Jeannie

flowerpotman

No Clique just Creak
From wikipedia i would be too drunk at the end of the night to remember to collect them lol.

Tegestology
Some beermats are collectible items. Tegestology is a Latin term defined as the practice of collecting beermats or coasters, with practitioners known as tegestologists. Collecting beermats is an especially popular hobby in Germany, where beermats are known as Bierdeckel. There is an international collector's association called IBV in Germany which has been active since 1958.

The British Beermat Collectors Society was founded shortly afterwards in 1960 and currently has around 300 members spread across the world. Like the IBV, it organises regular meetings for collectors and also publishes a monthly newsletter.

BeermatMania.com was founded in 2004 and boasts a gallery of over 42,000 images of British brewery beer mats based on the British Beermat Collectors Society numbering system. It also has a collectors forum and a monthly newsletter.

Other notable clubs associated with tegestology include two Australian clubs, the South Australian Coaster Collectors Club and New South Wales Coaster Collectors Club. There are many subcategories of tegestologists, including those who are solely interested in porcelain or other specific kinds of beermats.

JAYTEE

They are beautiful lamps. I love the blue one in the middle.

I used to collect Pendelfin pottery rabbits but have now run out of space in my cabinet!

hijo

in my own clique
.. i used to collect knives ..ghurka ect,,gave up on it in the 70s(i had around 80....now i collect watches ..i have around 40.. ..including, phone ,camera,and video watches...:41:

mikehibb

For those unable to google.
It is the fine art of collecting beer mats.
It meant trips to pubs and consuming a few beers, then landlord would usually grant access to his back room where I could search through old stock of beer mats.

Newcastle Brown had a double mat, one side for the glass and tother for the topping up bottle.
Theakstones OP had some fanstastic designs.

Father generally paid. That way he knew who I was out drinking with.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
I like to collect liquidable currency with large denominations. Makes no difference if it's old or dirty to me. Like Zub I can clean it up nice.....lol.
Anyone want to send me some they no longer need I would greatly appreciate it.

Biker Bob

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Hmmmmmmm, think i will take up that hobby lol

Jeannie

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Bet you wish you never asked mate, i do. imagine ghastly grinning yellow thingy here.

Steve.

zuberdust

I like to collect liquidable currency with large denominations. Makes no difference if it's old or dirty to me. Like Zub I can clean it up nice.....lol.
Anyone want to send me some they no longer need I would greatly appreciate it.

Biker Bob

do u mean gold or jewllery?

Bet you wish you never asked mate, i do. imagine ghastly grinning yellow thingy here.

Steve.

do tell.... i wonder....a smily yellow M&M toy?

Harem

I've cliqued
Sadiq if you collected them in a state of disrepair then you have worked miracles with them. They are beautiful.

zuberdust

Sadiq if you collected them in a state of disrepair then you have worked miracles with them. They are beautiful.

awwww thank you so much! the one in the middle, with the green shade was in the worst state! when it arrived i was my heart sank cos it looked so awful!.... the shiny brass was ALL BLACK!... i think it was never cleaned since produced. then it took me about a week slowly stripping that black colour off and now i shine it once a week to keep it gleaming!. the green shade was covered in sum browny stuff and i had to be so caerfull cleaning that!.. a nightmare!... but got there eventually!.... and then i varnished the font to stop any of the crackled glaze coming off! now its my favorite one!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom