ted j

So what are your plans?
Just wondered what plans you have for Christmas eve, and Christmas day. We normally go out Christmas eve, but with all the snow(and slush) about, and taxi prices doubled, we are spending Christmas eve in. Our daughter, Tracy is coming up from Chester and staying over, so we're just having a little buffet and catching up. Then Christmas day, the usual Christmas dinner (at least this year, she'll be on time!!) . Whatever you're doing, I hope you have a brilliant time. All the best to everyone on TLF , hope next year is 1000 times better than this one for you . Ted

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
So what are your plans?
We normally go out but not this year, can't leave "OLLIE" THE PUPPY yet
Daughters on xmas day and i will be the taxi so no drink for me untill later.

Merry xmas to everyone and a Gaed New Year.

Jeannie

Tess

So what are your plans?
Christmas Eve, tidying up, preparing all the food for Christmas Day, exhausted Christmas Eve night. Have 7 for Christmas Day lunch, 8 for tea, 8 for lunch on Boxing Day, 5 poss 6 for Sunday lunch, after that feet up, my 'me' time, off on Monday, back to work on Tuesday. Just want some peace and quiet, nice food and recharge the batteries.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
So what are your plans?
providing our turkish airlines flight manages to leave manchester on time, and we get through istanbul to domestic then down to bodrum, I can imagine a few drinks during the day then me shouting yavas yavas ! as the driver takes us over to yalikavak (i normally drive) heating on quilt on the bed then down to sandima for a few beers, thats christmas eve and then off to kafadakia on christmas day for a meal with some old and new friends, but via koctas, hsbc, and Tekzen ! should be a great night !

anyway all the best to you and yours

martin & linsey

Tess

So what are your plans?
Safe, straighforward, no delays journey to you Martin and Linsey, enjoy your Christmas in Turkey. Good wishes.

thingthong

So what are your plans?
OH yes KAFEDAKI must be the best restaurant in Turkey,enjoy it,we cant wait to get back there............................

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
So what are your plans?
Christmas eve in watching tv or some dvd's i bought . Christmas Morning nice early walk with my dogs then have lunch and phone a couple of friends . go and see naighbour then walk the dogs again , Conserve my energy for the Sales .. and getting rid of all junk ready for new year !!!! May you Have a Happy Christmas and even Happier New Year .....Diane

So what are your plans?
Me and SonnyJim are having a drinks party at her house on Christmas Eve - mine is too small! Christmas Day is a long walk with the furry friend, hopefully in sunshine, then to friends for dinner in the evening - definately not turkey and sprouts thank goodness!!! Very low-key and quiet - well, unless SonnyJim gets Brahms and Lizst and decides to dance on the table!!

So what are your plans?
Still wrapping presents although did most before we went to Eygpt on the 1st. Christmas eve day tidying up as childminding today, evening going to see our son Jay playing an acoustic set in a pub. Christmas day cooking dinner for 6 then over to youngest sons for the evening as he has his other son over then, playing new games we have bought and also on the Wii fit. Boxing Day cooking for 7 this time then playing games again on the evening, brother and his family usually pop in at some time. Next day clearing up and off to the sales as I like to get cards and paper cheap ready for next year and will no doubt have to take pressie from husband back, (have done this for 30 years). then trying to get house sorted and ready for our flight to Turkey on the 2nd. Jan.
May we also take this opportunity to wish you all a merry christmas and a happy, healthy and peaceful 2010.
P.S. Hubby will be playi ng the sax in Turgetries and Yali in early Jan and will let you all have details once we get there and arrange it all.

LyndaW

So what are your plans?
Was gona stay ın İstanbul till after new year but ıts too cold. So ı could be heading back to warm Antalya and then moving house to Manavgat.

So i can see my xmas day could be spending 11 hours in a car or moving house...exciting or what.

Hope everyone enjoys whatever they are doing.

Love Lynda x

guinevere

So what are your plans?
will be tired and wanting "me" time ,which i should get on the sunday after new year !! my babys' 18th on xmas day ,so bigggg day in our house ,have housefull until next wednesday ,then visiting and more on new year and the saturday after ......why do we do it ???

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
So what are your plans?
providing our turkish airlines flight manages to leave manchester on time, and we get through istanbul to domestic then down to bodrum, I can imagine a few drinks during the day then me shouting yavas yavas ! as the driver takes us over to yalikavak (i normally drive) heating on quilt on the bed then down to sandima for a few beers, thats christmas eve and then off to kafadakia on christmas day for a meal with some old and new friends, but via koctas, hsbc, and Tekzen ! should be a great night !

anyway all the best to you and yours

martin & linsey

Thought you might end up in Sandima as there was a bloody great efes delivery lorry outside unloading supplies when I was in town just now........

Safe journey mate.

arrian

R.I.P
So what are your plans?
:50:
Just wondered what plans you have for Christmas eve, and Christmas day. We normally go out Christmas eve, but with all the snow(and slush) about, and taxi prices doubled, we are spending Christmas eve in. Our daughter, Tracy is coming up from Chester and staying over, so we're just having a little buffet and catching up. Then Christmas day, the usual Christmas dinner (at least this year, she'll be on time!!) . Whatever you're doing, I hope you have a brilliant time. All the best to everyone on TLF , hope next year is 1000 times better than this one for you . Ted

hi, here in farnworth all the taxis are charging SINGLE over the holiday!! we had fliers thru' the door. good that, isn't it?

arrian

R.I.P
So what are your plans?
we had all the family around on Monday, did a buffet, as eldest grand daughter, her bofriend and 2 year old were off to Tenerife tuesday morning. all the kiddies opened their presents, and we swapped and opened with grand daughter etc.

proper christmas will be at youngest daughters' on Christmas day, there'll be 8 that i know of, and eldest daughter and her hubby if they're up & sober! lol

my oh isn't well, so after that will just be quiet for us. wishing everyone a very

"MERRY XMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR "

So what are your plans?
Now that I finally feel christmassy (after an 8am visit to Sainsbury's this morning to avoid people barging into me!!), I am going to eat and drink till tomorrrow evening, Mass and carol service, than a day of cooking and general family induced trauma - it will be lovely though...

So what are your plans?
Christmas day is my fav day of the year, going to pick my mother 86 yrs young up, bout tenish, Margarets daughter Elinor, Beau Jorja 2 yrs, Perry James 8 weeks, coming bout 1.o clock, my son Peter n his wife Elidh, Finn Peter 4 yrs, Callan James 2 yrs, coming bout 2 ish, then Elinors husband George bout 4 ish.
Margaret has the dinner all sorted, homemade soup, king prawns, then turkey,pork,n chicken, plus a lovely ham on the bone, then 4 types of triffle, cheesecake etc, finishing with cheeseboard n assorted crackers, games for the kids, musical chairs, pass the parcel, etc, then prob a wee snooze, and sandwiches bout 8 ish.
So looking forward to it.

Cheers n all the best to you all on Christmas day, and a Happy New :255ji::255ji::255ji::50::50::49::Year to you all

Last edited:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
So what are your plans?
Christmas Eve. We're going to our local with our usual gang, 12 of us, early doors, then off home and start preparing the dinner for Chrismas Day with copious amounts of Mulled Wine, always have Pork and Stuffing and Apple Sauce barmcakes Christmas Eve, just to make sure it's good, lol

Christmas Day. The family arrive around 11, Champs, with Guinness, and lots of tasty nibbles, generally just have a good chin wag and enjoy the company. There's 6 of us for Christmas Dinner, play silly games later, the WIFI goes down well. I won the Bowling tournament last year. The magnetic darts also great fun. My Mum-in-Law wins, she's a great sport.

Boxing Day. We go over th hubbys sisters, and do the same again, only she provides a scrummy buffet, our Great Niece and Nephew and girlfriend join us.

Sunday. SALES in town, although when I was there on Monday I grabbed a few bargains already on Sale.

Monday. Partying up in the Lakes where our friend has gone to stay in a log cabin and we're stayin the night.

Tuesday. Maybe have to check into the Priory to dry out before New Year's Eve, lol

Happy Christmas to everyone on the forum, I've made some great cyber buddies here this year, and had the privilege to meet some of you. Let's hope this continues into next year. For all those in bad health I want to wish you a return to Good Health too.

:amen: :255ji:

Last edited:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
So what are your plans?
Christmas Eve. Were going to our local with our usual gang, 12 of us, eearly doors, then off home and start preparing the dinner for Chrismas Day with copious amounts of Mulled Wine, always have Pork and Stuffing and Apple Sauce barmcakes Christmas Eve, just to make sure it's good, lol

Christmas Day. The family arrive around 11, Champs, with Guinness, and lots of tasty nibbles, generally just have a good chin wag and enjoy the company. There's 6 of us for Christmas Dinner, play silly games later, the WIFI goes down well. I won the Bowling tournament last year. The magnetic darts also great fun. My Mum-in-Law wins, she's a great sport.

Boxing Day. We go over th hubbys sisters, and do the same again, only she provides a scrummy buffet, our Great Niece and Nephew and girlfriend join us.

Sunday. SALES in town, although when I was there on Monday I grabbed a few bargains already on Sale.

Monday. Partying up in the Lakes where our friend has gone to stay in a log cabin and we're stayin the night.

Tuesday. Maybe have to check into the Priory to dry out before New Year's Eve, lol

Happy Christmas to everyone on the forum, I've made some great cyber buddies here this year, and had the privilege to meet some of you. Let's hope this continues into next year. For all those in bad health I want to wish you a return to Good Health too.

:amen: :255ji:

All this eating, drinking shopping and playing games all seems too stressful for me !!!!!

all the best to all

martin & linsey

Latest Posts

Top Bottom