mollag

Kipper restorer
Snouts in the Trough
Fair point but then you vote for someone else only to find out they are just as bad. Are there any politicians who are not thieving monkeys, I know a couple who were great Councillors but when they became MPs they were totally different.
It was more than a bit blatant with Boris, a self admitted liar and bounder, ask the NHS, Farmers, Fisherman or Northern Irish folk how good his word is, expect more of the same from him and his friends, dont know about anyone else, but just cos there was someone , somewhere else who was a snouter, n know way makes this man acceptable as a leader, and yet excuses are made for him daily :confused:

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Snouts in the Trough
Vote for thieving monkeys--you get thieving monkeys, simple, did anyone really think they would behave any different , take it on the chin UK, you chose them. :unsure:
To be fair, when the UK public voted for these thieving monkeys they thought that they would be constrained by the rule of law. They could not see a pandemic allowing them to create an emergency situation which they could use to award contracts without the usual transparency and bidding process. They have totally abused their new powers and should be held accountable.
Unfortuately Joe public is more concerned about trivialities like pubs opening, attending football matches and going on holiday, than the billions that these thieving monkeys have sequestered for themselves, their friends and family.

Last edited:

Mushroom

Snouts in the Trough
We now have all the airline bosses composing a letter to Rishi to demand further funding, otherwise they say they might go to the wall.
If I aren't mistaken, these companies are privately owned with shareholders and in good times make massive profits.
If they are struggling, with a 90% drop in capacity I can follow that, but in the first instance, they should be using their own reserves, then asking shareholders - those people who happily take the dividends in the good times, to get their hands in their pockets, after all they are part owners of these businesses and finally any money coming from the tax payer should be on a loan basis, with interest to be paid on it.
I think that a further stipulation ought to be that as and when they do get back to the new normal. instead of screwing the fare paying passenger with higher fare prices as they attempt to claw back their losses, they should have their fares 'pegged'.
If they can't agree to all that, perhaps it's time for new enterprises to emerge?

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Snouts in the Trough
We now have all the airline bosses composing a letter to Rishi to demand further funding, otherwise they say they might go to the wall.
If I aren't mistaken, these companies are privately owned with shareholders and in good times make massive profits.
If they are struggling, with a 90% drop in capacity I can follow that, but in the first instance, they should be using their own reserves, then asking shareholders - those people who happily take the dividends in the good times, to get their hands in their pockets, after all they are part owners of these businesses and finally any money coming from the tax payer should be on a loan basis, with interest to be paid on it.
I think that a further stipulation ought to be that as and when they do get back to the new normal. instead of screwing the fare paying passenger with higher fare prices as they attempt to claw back their losses, they should have their fares 'pegged'.
If they can't agree to all that, perhaps it's time for new enterprises to emerge?

If you do get any financial aid from the public purse then there should also be a stipulation about not paying bonuses or dividends.

Camden

Snouts in the Trough
If you do get any financial aid from the public purse then there should also be a stipulation about not paying bonuses or dividends.

I thought they did that way back in may of last year, when supermarkets had been paying after help given by the government was being paid to bosses and shareholders ? and they revamped the scheme ??

Coronavirus: Large firms that take bailout loans can’t pay bosses bonuses or dividends

Treasury lifts cap on state-backed borrowing to larger firms, but with strings attached

Large companies that borrow money under the government’s coronavirus loan scheme will not be able to pay cash bonuses to executives or dividends to shareholders until the money is repaid.

The new rules apply to companies borrowing more than £50m under the coronavirus large business interruption loan scheme (CLBILS). Dividends and bonuses already agreed before the loan is taken out will still be permitted, the Treasury said.

State-backed loans under the scheme can now be as large as £200m, up from £50m previously, after criticism from companies who said borrowing limits were not large enough

The government revamped the scheme, including the new conditions which will apply to any borrowing for a term of more than a year.

The Treasury has listened to the complaints but included measures to ensure the money is channelled into keeping businesses afloat. The Bank of England said: “These commitments are intended to create incentives for, and promote the ability of, businesses to repay their borrowings.”

Last edited:

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Snouts in the Trough
Totally agree, if they need emergency money from the tax payer then then perhaps they should be nationalised.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Snouts in the Trough
From @dokuz8news

AKP Istanbul Tuzla Municipality held a tendering process to buy benches and picnic tables on April 20; former AKP local chair Suat Durak's company Pusula Architecture and Engineering was the sole participant in the tendering meeting, winning the commission.

Camden

Snouts in the Trough
From @dokuz8news

AKP Istanbul Tuzla Municipality held a tendering process to buy benches and picnic tables on April 20; former AKP local chair Suat Durak's company Pusula Architecture and Engineering was the sole participant in the tendering meeting, winning the commission.

Sad state of affairs to say not that far in difference, possibly "cut from the same cloth" than our own present UK government then ? Must be in genes Boris coming from Turkish stock....

E3cv3mxWYA4cXtw (1).jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom