enoch

Snouts in the Trough
I'm thinking the pays no good so his fingers are in the till, would you work for 瞿150k per year, I don't know a plumber or sparkie who would
You don't live in the North West you wouldn't get 50000. The most I've ever made is 30000.

Last edited:

Kanga

Snouts in the Trough
The story came out well before the elections, I posted it on here, The issue it would seem is Johnson possibly lied when he made his declaration, David Ross a Tory Donor simply asked a mate if any villas were going spare, so no gift from Ross, a mate said yes I know of one that belongs to X, Johnson got his holiday and declared it in the register as funded by David Ross the Tory Donor. Who has denied he paid for it. The owners X say it wasn't a gift as we got paid, so maybe the investigation is into who paid and why, and why did Johnson lie.
The parliamentary standards commissioner seems to think there is a case to answer.

Pathetic. I don't care, how many people/MPs etc have scrounged a 'spare villa' abroad. Anyway, who trusts yahoo as a guaranteed news source?
Both Brown and Cameron declined the pay increases when they were PMs, which has left Johnson on a far lower grade than he should have been.
He could have asked for a 'levelling up' to where it would have been, which should be about 瞿190k.
We didn't see any MPs turning down a rise the last time round, and their pension scheme is to die for.
However some of them are so thick they complained that they were going to be worse off when the calculation for the pension was changed from 45ths to 40ths of their final salary, and these are the goons in charge of this country?
Duck house anyone?

Mushroom

Snouts in the Trough
When it comes to perks you only have to look at the local councillors.
They know how to share out responsibilities on various committees, each adding more 'expenses along the way. The "expenses aren't taxed and we have something like 6 councillors representing one ward.
We still don't see them and whilst the majority of the working population in non Covid times are roughly 9-5 workers , they are the ones experiencing congestion on the road and rail system.
Our councillors in non Covid times attend meetings which start at 10am until 12.30pm or 2pm until 4pm so don't have the same experience.
Our former Wakefield council leader lived in Castleford but attended in Wakefield Town Hall. He didn't travel in his own car, definitely too important for public transport, and had a car and driver provided.
Because of the state of the roads and congestion on his most direct route within the Wakefield council area, he used to instruct his driver (my neighbour) to take a longer detour which put part of his journeys through the Leeds Council area as they had better roads !!

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Snouts in the Trough
It never stops.

Good Law Project has uncovered remarkable evidence that a Tory Minister brought a former Chair of the Tory Party, a man who now runs a lobbying firm, into the heart of Government to work on the massive multi-billion PPE procurement process. Having got his feet under the table that former Chair lobbied to win PPE contracts for at least one, and possibly a number, of clients of his lobbying firm.

The Tory Minister is Lord Bethell. The former Tory Party Chair is Lord Feldman - once described as David Camerons oldest and best friend - and he worked for Bethell from 23 March to 15 May 2020. And his huge lobbying firm is Tulchan, whose client list includes Bunzl Healthcare.

Bunzl was given a 瞿22.6m PPE contract by the Department for Health without any competition in April 2020, smack bang in the middle of the period Feldman was working with Bethell. And we have also learned, from Governments own documents, that:

• Feldman was involved in the award of this contract. Bunzl had been removed from the Department for Healths approved suppliers list - and Feldman got them back on. An email from Feldman to Bunzl on 22 March 2020 states that he was acting as an unpaid advisor to Matthew Hancock at the department of health...but that there have been some historic issues which mean that you have been removed from the approved suppliers list. I would like to remedy that as soon as possible.
  • On the same day, he emailed Bunzl, copying in Andrew Wood whom he describes as the person leading the accelerated procurement process in Cabinet Office and said I have spoken to him [Andy Wood] about Bunzl and the opportunity for you to supply the UK Government with equipment. He will be in touch.
  • And then, several days later, when Bunzl thought the deal was not progressing quickly enough, it asked Feldman to intervene - which he did. On 25 March Feldman wrote directly to the line manager of the official dealing with Bunzl, encouraging him to expedite the contract award process: We need to move quickly.
We fear these revelations just scratch the surface. We have seen Lord Feldmans Declarations of interest form and it contains a list of his other conflicts of interest. But Government has concealed these other names:

some of our clients [Tulchan Communication LLP], as well as many other companies are offering assistance to the government during the covid-19 crisis. This includes [REDACTED], Bunzl, [REDACTED], [REDACTED], [REDACTED].

Despite requests from our lawyers Government is refusing to confirm which other companies linked to Camerons oldest friend and his lobbying firm Tulchan Communications were introduced to Government and/or won public contracts.

We have now launched formal Judicial Review proceedings.

Kanga

Snouts in the Trough

TDs backing Kilkenny cheese factory hold shares in Glanbia​

Brian Mahon, Political Reporter
Friday May 14 2021, 12.01am, The Times
2Fweb%2Fbin%2Faaee83ac-b403-11eb-9055-64edaa2be8dd.jpg
Jackie Cahill insisted he had been open and transparent about his shareholding
ROLLINGNEWS
Two TDs who have called for Glanbia to be granted planning permission for a cheese factory in Kilkenny have shares in the company.

The Oireachtas register of interests shows that Jackie Cahill, a Fianna F獺il TD for Tipperary and chairman of the agriculture committee, and John Paul Phelan, a Fine Gael TD for Carlow-Kilkenny, have shares in the dairy company.

An Taisce, an environmental organisation, last week confirmed it would appeal against the High Courts decision to dismiss its challenge to An Bord Plean獺las approval of the processing plant in Kilkenny. An Tasice is formally consulted on environmental matters under planning legislation.

The move was met with anger by rural TDs across the Oireachtas and led to tensions between the government parties after Miche獺l Martin,

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Snouts in the Trough
If they are caught out lying then they must go, all of them.

Last edited:

Kanga

Snouts in the Trough
. . . .and another. . .

Kanga

Snouts in the Trough
Not sure how the SA rand converts to sterling but there's been some energetic activity here.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Snouts in the Trough
AKP deputy Ahmet Akay's company is revealed to have sold fuel to AKP Ak癟akale Municipality worth 2.1 million TL.

Translation:
According to the information in the Public Procurement Bulletin, on September 1, 2020, the Directorate of Science Affairs of Ak癟akale Municipality organized a tender for the purchase of 400 tons of diesel and 10 tons of unleaded gas under the name of "Fuel Purchase Work". While the two companies received the documents of the tender, only Akay Petrol Company participated in the tender and offered 2 million 171 thousand TL .

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Snouts in the Trough
Another Tory cock up in procurement, however I'm sure some tory donors managed to secure lucrative contracts.

Top Bottom