miela

Snakes
My friend has found a yellow snake in her garden, does anyone know if it is dangerous and whether she needs to get someone in to spray the garden for snakes.

She has small children and would appreciate some information as no-one on her site seems to have seen a yellow snake before.

Thanks Miela

Phil Johns

Kennels & Pet Transporter
Snakes
In general a brightly cloured reptile means it is toxic how much? dont without seeing it to tell you the breed.
Spraying will be inaffective you will probaly find it has long gone as the saying goes "it is more frightend of you than you of it"

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Snakes
It's possible that it was a slowworm that had just recently shed it's skin. Our cat's brought home a few of them.

The problem with spraying or dusting with chemicals is that not only do you discourage them from getting in, you also cut off the escape routes for those already on your property.

Lindacm

Snakes
We've had 2 light brown ones in our garden in the last 4 days. First about a mtr the other smaller. However they did move at a VERY fast pace when they saw us.

jolo

Snakes
I have heard quite a few stories about snakes this year, not sure if I have just been oblivious to them before or whether there are more this year than usual but I really dislike them.

Being from Ireland we don't have any snakes, not even grass snakes. Thanks to St Patrick who drove them into the sea. According to legend anyway. What ever the reason Im glad we don't have them here.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Snakes
I have heard quite a few stories about snakes this year, not sure if I have just been oblivious to them before or whether there are more this year than usual but I really dislike them.

Being from Ireland we don't have any snakes, not even grass snakes. Thanks to St Patrick who drove them into the sea. According to legend anyway. What ever the reason Im glad we don't have them here.

Being from the Isle of Man we to benefitted from St Pat and his no snake zone, pity we couldnt get him back to get shut of our reptile politicians!

Me? i love snakes, all part of natures plan---treat with respect and everyone will be happy, got some piccies of a 3 ft one that visits our balcony to feast on baby sparrows under the tiles.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Snakes
I don't know why I sometimes feel as if I am reading about a rare species of mammal in National Geographic.:brick:

Don,t take it seriously mate.... We had a black and grey three footer plus in the log store recently and he or she wasn,t very friendly.Any ideas ? My neighbour thought it was a species of viper. I hope not.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom