Marian

Snagging
did anyone find any particular problems with their property? did you use a company for the snagging? any help and advice would be useful to me.:39:

StevenSue

Snagging
did anyone find any particular problems with their property? did you use a company for the snagging? any help and advice would be useful to me.:39:
Hi Marian,
We were at the Ufuk Hillside a couple of weeks ago and did our snagging ourselves. We found no major problems but a number of minor ones most of which were dealt with promptly. We tended to find things as we used the apartment over the week we were there, you just need to be observant and triple check everything and report everything no matter how minor.
Hope this helps.

Stevensue
Kronos C7

StevenSue

Snagging
Forgot to mention CLEANING or lack of it. We had to ask cleaners to come back for a second time before we moved in. They use steam cleaners but did'nt put in any elbow grease if you know what i mean.
We spent a lot of time removing splashed paint from window frames and balcony areas so be prepared to have to get stuck in.
All worth it in the end though.

Stevensue

butt007

Warren
Snagging
Yes we also did our own snagging, finding mostly little bits of things which the builder promptly put right, the only major job was....taking out the front door and frame and setting it upright because the door would slam shut on me.
Warren

lakegl

Snagging
it is right to say that you need to stay in your apartment for a few days to snag properly cos its only then that you notice these things. Our patio doors and shower doors needed slight adjustment. Bath panel needed refitting and several bits of paintwork touching up. Several cracked tiles on floor and walls.
None of these are major just a bit of careless workmanship. And it is right about the cleaning! they claim to have cleaned ours but we spent all week scraping off bits of silicone from the bath surrounds, red paint from the balcony rails and filler from the floor tiles.
you need things like razor blades, wire wool, solvent and so on which you can get there very easily in the altinkum shops.
Not really what you call a holiday and endless requests for small jobs which are promised for the next day and not done for one reason or another!
But you get there in the end and, lets face it, there are a lot worse places to be scraping!!
good luck
Glenda and keith

Madwife

Snagging
WE too did our own snagging whilst there. Was a bit of a pain cos they always turn up just as you've vleaned, and 'unclean' it. Yes. I agree about the paint. What did they do? Get a pot of paint and a brush, then just splatter it up the windows? And the cement etc on the stairs; well it took a whole day to clean that off. Such beautiful steps, and such careless workmanship. But all comes together in the end.

As for the cleaning. Forget it! They sent a BOY in to us with a grey mop and bucket of plain water. No cleaning products in it. I watched for a while then just told him to go. Hadn't a clue! If you want it doing right, then do it yourself. Yes, get plenty of scourers and rubber gloves. Plus LOADS of birra. You'll need it!

LOL

Marian

Snagging
thank you to all those who replied to my note. what would i do with out you guys? all your advice is useful. Was going to stay in a hotel for a week... what for when i got a 2 bed apartment.. like someone mentioned if i se it it will be able to find out the problems.

right just need to book me flights and be off by 14 June. :27br:

Snagging
We got a complete building clean, 5 cleaners turned up on Sunday, armed with scrappers chemicals and all cleaning materials, did a very good job. And on Monday a further 2 turned up to do a final clean and full polish, we where very pleased. We arranged all this with Utku.

Regards

Ian and Alison

lakegl

Snagging
Ian and Alison
How did you manage this? Did you have to pay them? And what is Erhan doing now that refers to 'his staff'?
Best wishes
Glenda and Keith

ralph

Snagging
Ian and Alison
How did you manage this? Did you have to pay them? And what is Erhan doing now that refers to 'his staff'?
Best wishes
Glenda and Keith

Yes Glenda I find it confusing as to how different cleaning standards are being applied!!!:15:

Snagging
We spoke to Utku and he arranged the cleaning. Did not know it was Erhan's cleaning team until we arrived home and posted on the forum. As mentioned before the did a full building clean for us.

Regards

Ian and Alison

Latest Posts

Top Bottom