flensdorf

sms pin for internetbanking outside turkey
When in turkey i use the internetbanking of garanti bank and yapi kredi with no problems. Getting the pincode to my turkcell phone with a prepayed card works
perfect.
When back home (germany) i can not recieve the pin code on the phone - however every other day i recieve turkcell commercial sms with thier latest
offers....
Any help out there?

evo80

ask turkcell . office number [landline ] 00905327572338 listen & you will get option for english operator .if after selecting this option you get a recorded msg in Turkish ,it is just saying please hold on we are busy & will put you through soon .

You can opt for another phone number outside Turkey. I believe you can add it to your garanti details on line. We use both UK and Turkish phones without any problems.

Tommie

Sun Worshipper
I'm with the HSBC and all I have to do is email my branch with my new phone number.

evo80

yes .I have a prepaid turkish mobile in uk and i can receive calls and sms on it as i have actioned roaming .

flensdorf

yes .I have a prepaid turkish mobile in uk and i can receive calls and sms on it as i have actioned roaming .
Thanks evo80 you are spot on. I have never added roaming.
As far as i can read the turkcell infos i just have to sms : roam (or roaming?) to 2222.

Tommie

Sun Worshipper
Thanks evo80 you are spot on. I have never added roaming.
As far as i can read the turkcell infos i just have to sms : roam (or roaming?) to 2222.

You'll save yourself roaming charges if you use a UK mobile no. when you're in the UK.

evo80

you can only set roaming if you are in Turkey . The only other way is to call Turkcell cust svs & they will do it for you . I did it myself while i was in Turkey . Only reason i set roaming was because i wanted to top upp in UK with a scratch card i brought back from Turkey . I never use the mob in UK .i only wanted to be able to top up the phone before the 210 days deadline .

Last edited:

scotssteve

I had a similar problem when I lived in the UK - and just added my uk number to the account details.
when you go through the login process- you then need to select which phone you wish the text sent to

regards

Latest Posts

Top Bottom