Philogic

Smoking
Hi all, not sure what its like in other parts, but I've just got back from Side a week ago and not one of the bars I visited [many:hearnoevi] were enforcing the no smoking law. The same applied to Benidorm this last weekend.

Smoking
yes the no smooking ban (in doors) starts end off june, we have a covered terrace so you wont get wet,but I have only one turkish friend who does not smoke, it was like Ireland thought it would not work,but you dont have a choice i the matter we get cought and it is a 5000lira fine so no contest your out side
I dont smoke never have so easy for me,

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Smoking
I Am leaveing Britain because of stupid laws , Not only the smokeing one . in my village we had two pubs After the smokeing ban they went down hill and eventualy closed down Dispite the fact they both served good food ! Dont think the Turkish will like it . Even the Dr in Alanya offerd me a Ciggertte. in the heat i prefer to sit outside After 45 years I.ve no intention of giveing up NOT after all the tax i.ve paid to the gormless govt . I dont drink alchol i.d love to see the look on peoples faces if there was a ban on that to Save thier Livers I.m sick of nanny states And do gooders AT my age i.m old enough to choose for myself . will turkish cafes obey law i daubt it ,,,,,,,, Daubt it He he he

Peregrine

Smoking
Hi all, not sure what its like in other parts, but I've just got back from Side a week ago and not one of the bars I visited [many:hearnoevi] were enforcing the no smoking law. The same applied to Benidorm this last weekend.

its coming, make no mistake, just give it time

and as for pubs closing in the uk? they are too short sighted to realise that they have to entice and attract the non smokers back, and again that takes time

I dont go to the pub often - more now because its so much better

Smoking
There is no ban on smooking it is in doors only in doors,go out side and your fine,you might freeze to death but your choice.

Peregrine

Smoking
There is no ban on smooking it is in doors only in doors,go out side and your fine,you might freeze to death but your choice.

yep, and you see th shivering smokers outside all the pubs in the UK, while us non smokers have plenty of room and are snug inside

why bother?

val2661

Smoking
I went on the bus from Alanya to Antalya yesterday and the driver was smoking all through the journey. I thought that the no smoking rule in Turkey was not on buses or taxis. I see policemen smoking as they sit in the car, can you imagine that happening in England or Ireland?

Va;

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Smoking
.OH Peregrine its not nice for folk to be outside freezeing and wet ect Nor is it nice to blow smoke around non smokers The trouble is these days a lot of so called pubs are realy Restraunts that serve alchol The powers that be didn.t think about it enough .They should have had Non smokeing pubs / restraunts And smokeing ones . Were as the good old English pub gone ? Darts Dominos cards Shuv hapenny men talking about thier allotments and the local tart ha ha Now its Boom Boom music AND TV football match at the SAME time In one Edwinstowe Pub .Couples used the Lounge so the ladies didn.t hear bad language Now the ladys swear more than the men Maybe i live in the past But they were Happy Days And if you were lucky you could even get a ploughmans lunch !!!!

Last edited:

Ilica Park

The view is fantastic !!!
Smoking
Someone locally told me that the rule will usually be enforced by the owner of the restaurant if a customer complains.

I think this is quite a complex issue and I am not sure the blanket rule that the UK has is the best for all concerned. I am a non-smoker and do not appreciate someone smoking near me when I am in a restaurant however most restaurants are large enough that smokers and non-smokers can avoid each other if they want.

Peregrine

Smoking
Someone locally told me that the rule will usually be enforced by the owner of the restaurant if a customer complains.

I think this is quite a complex issue and I am not sure the blanket rule that the UK has is the best for all concerned. I am a non-smoker and do not appreciate someone smoking near me when I am in a restaurant however most restaurants are large enough that smokers and non-smokers can avoid each other if they want.

sure - you go and sit in a quiet spot with no smokers around and what happens? a buch of them sit next to you - I hate them with a vengeance!!

Ilica Park

The view is fantastic !!!
Smoking
You are correct, sods law says they will sit next to you - mention it to your waiter or the owner and I am pretty sure they would sort it out.

If you are not happy with the resolution you get then just tell them that you won't be back. There are loads of restaurants who would be more than happy to have your custom and make sure you are satisfied.

I do think that smoking should be prevented in restaurants but it does take time especially where smoking is socially acceptable. In Turkey there has been less movement to making smoking in public socially unacceptable plus the very low cost of fags does not help move things in that direction. It will take time.

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Smoking
Yeah, they don't care where they sit do they? .. Mind you, its been accepted socially since the first world war, so I don't suppose its going to go away lightly. Its only since the no smoking ban that people have complained about smokers really I guess. Oh well.... Maybe one day lmao! :D

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Smoking
It is ofetn being brought up in America and even Canada one if they should make it legal to smoke POT. Imagine going out to dinner with your family and coming out stoned as the people all around you were getting high at their table...lol.

Biker Bob

Smoking
I Am leaveing Britain because of stupid laws , Not only the smokeing one . in my village we had two pubs After the smokeing ban they went down hill and eventualy closed down Dispite the fact they both served good food ! Dont think the Turkish will like it . Even the Dr in Alanya offerd me a Ciggertte. in the heat i prefer to sit outside After 45 years I.ve no intention of giveing up NOT after all the tax i.ve paid to the gormless govt . I dont drink alchol i.d love to see the look on peoples faces if there was a ban on that to Save thier Livers I.m sick of nanny states And do gooders AT my age i.m old enough to choose for myself . will turkish cafes obey law i daubt it ,,,,,,,, Daubt it He he he
I am sure after your comments that you will LOVE Turkey.
You can practically do what you like so you will have a ball.
You have to realise how many non smokers are totally put off eating in restaurants unless they uphold the ban. Many like us will eat at our apartment and let the cafes and restaurants get on with it.
You can have the place to yourself.
Its attitudes like yours that make me a do gooder and thankfully prevent me ever moving there.At least other countries like the UK are trying.

Last edited:

nanamo

Smoking
I would never go back to eat at a place where smoking was allowed inside. I am not against anyone doing their own thing but I will protect my family from breathing in toxic fumes. Molly

Latest Posts

Top Bottom