Status
Not open for further replies.
Smoking in town
Bloody hope so! Lol!!
Due out end of August and need to know whether to bring the gas mask or say "Sod it" and eat in our apartment!!

:ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Smoking in town
Anyone noticed any difference yet ?

We were in Yalikavak village on Sunday (19th) afternoon. Morguls have their tables on the outside area where smokig is allowed, and the Sandima Bar also have theirs in place, there is def no smoking inside the bar, but of course most of the tables are now on the street area. Those were the only two places we paid a visit to. So Yes they are enforcing the law, the fine is a hefty one for the owners so they will be adhering to it, the officials will also be doing their usual policing of the town.

Smoking in town
What about under parasols and shaded tarpaulin areas that many outside bars have?
Did you notice if smokers were only allowed in the open areas to the sky?

The law says no smoking under parasols or covered areas so they must be open to the sky apparently!!

Last edited:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Smoking in town
Yes we could see the sky as it was mid afternoon, lol, but I understand that under parasols isn't allowed. Sue from Morguls will have more of the info as they being in the business have all the rules and regs, sure Sue will be along later. Morguls restaurant has three sides, however you are not allowed to smoke under the area that has the roof above (no sky to be seen), but Sue has 5 tables that are on the outside line (sky in view) that people are allowed to smoke at.

Smoking in town
Haha you know what I meant!!
Look straight up and just see parasol but no sky haha.:biggrin:
Seroiusly thanks for info Lesley
As you say the other Sue can add more info
Much obliged
Tel

Last edited:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Smoking in town
Haha you know what I meant!!
Look straight up and just see parasol but no sky haha.:biggrin:
Seroiusly thanks for info Sue.
As you say the other Sue can add more info
Much obliged
Tel

:hehe::hehe::hehe: I know what you meant. You're welcome, we were only there for a couple of hours on the day that it was introduced.

Lesley

PASH

Smoking in town
The biggest test of the new law is to go up to the Turkish Tea room opposit Tameros restaurant and see if they are all still puffing in the covered outside area

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Smoking in town
Tameros are still smoking in the food preparation area which I thought was now banned.
Anyway, a couple of hefty fines for transgressors will soon focus the minds.

PASH

Smoking in town
I agree, there will be lots of transgressors! I remember ordering a quick takeaway kebab wrap and the chef stoof there carving with a ciggy firmly clenched between his lips, ash falling down onto the counter - fair turned my stomach but was dam tasty all the same.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Smoking in town
Well, someone's paying attention to the new ban - the toutlines, sorry I mean hotlines, have been ringing off the hook with people reporting their friends, children reporting their parents etc.....

Have a read...

C

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Smoking in town
Well - the rules that we have been told are that if tables are undercover and / or near a wall then smoking is def banned
Interesting to hear that the officials are saying that you cannot smoke UNDER a parasol or where you cannot see the sky ?? --- What about the sails that are covering the main Yalikavak streets ??
Also I saw alot of men smoking in the Tea house opposite Tameros and Tameros owners
themselves yesterday were still smoking in their kitchen area - whislt preparing food -which I think is absolutly disgusting as well as breaking the rules !!
All of our customers have been understanding so far

Smoking in town
Thanks for that info Sue.
The rule re parasols was one of the rules listed on the website that made smoking illegal under them so was interested in what you thought as there are parasols at many restaurants outside which of course will hold the smoke in to a certain extent.
As I told Ken, I think non smokers and families will frequent only restaurants like yourselves now that are responsible and shown to be doing their best to uphold the law.
From now on in Fethiye if we go to a restaurant where they are flouting the law, we would walk out and refuse to pay,acting with our feet.
Thanks again Sue

Last edited:

PASH

Smoking in town
From now on in Fethiye if we go to a restaurant where they are flouting the law, we would walk out and refuse to pay,acting with our feet.

Whilst i agree with your sentiments, i would not advise walking out and refusing to pay, that could open up a can of worms and maybe detrimental to your health

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Smoking in town
I agree, there will be lots of transgressors! I remember ordering a quick takeaway kebab wrap and the chef stoof there carving with a ciggy firmly clenched between his lips, ash falling down onto the counter - fair turned my stomach but was dam tasty all the same.

Think I was there today......no names.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Smoking in town
I just took a walk around the neighbourhood here in Ankara and noting has changed...all inside watching the fotball match and smoking away. Don't really expect to see a big difference anyways.

Biker Bob

PASH

Smoking in town
sameone know if we could smok in hotel rooms on balcony?

As far as i can understand, hotels are allowed to designate smoking rooms and hnece balconies. I did not realise till i had to stay in an airport hotel in the Uk that we are allowed to have smoking rooms too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom