SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Smokers kills
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - A restaurant owner in southwest Turkey was shot dead after he tried to prevent his customers from smoking to comply with a new law on the use of tobacco indoors, Hurriyet daily said on Thursday.

A fight broke out after Hidir Karayigit, 46, ordered a group of customers to extinguish their cigarettes when they began smoking at his "meyhane," a traditional restaurant that serves alcohol, in the town of Saruhanli, Hurriyet said.

One of the customers shot Karayigit four times after he took away the group's cigarettes, said witness Hamza Havutcu, Karayigit's business partner who was also shot and wounded.

Turkey's government on July 19 introduced a nationwide ban on indoor smoking, including bars and restaurants, despite the fact that half of Turks aged between the ages of 15 and 49 smoke; one of the highest rates in the world.

"I'm deeply saddened that the first smoking-ban murder occurred in our town," Saruhanli Mayor Veli Yalcin told Hurriyet. "They either shouldn't have outlawed smoking or they should have outlawed alcohol along with smoking."

Smokers kills
Jesus Christ!!
Just over a bit of crap you light, stick in your mouth and get addicted to,which costs you a bloody fortune!!
Totally nuts!!

Peregrine

Smokers kills
Goodby Smokers

just back from a great 2 week break in Turkey.

One thing that struck me was the eficacy of the anti smoking legislation

Istanbul airport was remarkably pleasant - no smokers and a relatively pleasant smell for a change.

Then the restaurants - again very few smokers around (contrast that with last year when they were out in their droves). Eating out was a most pleasurable experience and not marred by the inconsideration of smokers wafting their foul stench over you while eating

any one else noticed any visible (or smellable) signs of the smoking ban?

lewknor

lewknor
Smokers kills
Re: Goodby Smokers

The only thing I've noticed is that most of the "foul" smokers that I know tend to spell pretty well.......

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Smokers kills

Please don't start Terry off on one....:hehe::hehe:

C

Peregrine

Smokers kills

Please don't start Terry off on one....:hehe::hehe:

C

actually its not the smoking I object to - I believe in letting people do what they want PROVIDED it doesnt impact the quiet enjoyment of others.

for example, sitting on the beach theres no problem with someone smoking UNTIL they sit downwind of me so that their smoke continually wafts past me. How inconsiderate! why dont they realise that their "enjoyment" is spoiling mine. You really feel like chucking sand over them, or worse!

now, wheres that Terry?

ps. I dont really give a fig about spelling.

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
Smokers kills
I ve not had a fag since the smoking ban and my plastered leg - I cant be bothered getting up to have one outside and the Doctor said I must nt smoke so I hav nt. And my cough has got better now......plus my granddaughter kept saying when she came for a holiday (shes 6) yuk nanny thats horrible and stinky!!!!

Smokers kills

YYYYYEEEESSSSS
Roll on end of August!!!!
Food without fags brilliant.
Last year even the waiters were smoking between delivering the food at some places!!!
We got p***ed off with it and starting eating at our apartment.
You have cheered me up Peregrine haha

Well done Lillylilly
Out of the mouths of babes etc haha!!
My little grandson would only have to say that once to me!!.

Last edited:

Peregrine

Smokers kills

Evidently....but I'm not so keen on "tub-thumpers" either.

well if your not keen just butt out and ignore me

oh, and yes I am a tub thumper when it comes to people spoiling my quiet enjoyment of life. Why are they so inconsiderate? why cant they just leave me alone? if they did (leave me in peace) I wouldnt have to bang on so much about it

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Smokers kills

just back from a great 2 week break in Turkey.

One thing that struck me was the eficacy of the anti smoking legislation

Istanbul airport was remarkably pleasant - no smokers and a relatively pleasant smell for a change.

Then the restaurants - again very few smokers around (contrast that with last year when they were out in their droves). Eating out was a most pleasurable experience and not marred by the inconsideration of smokers wafting their foul stench over you while eating

any one else noticed any visible (or smellable) signs of the smoking ban?

Yep, its so nice to go home smelling pretty much as you went out. Clean and eau de ashtray free.

stevecarol

Smokers kills

actually its not the smoking I object to - I believe in letting people do what they want PROVIDED it doesnt impact the quiet enjoyment of others.

for example, sitting on the beach theres no problem with someone smoking UNTIL they sit downwind of me so that their smoke continually wafts past me. How inconsiderate! why dont they realise that their "enjoyment" is spoiling mine. You really feel like chucking sand over them, or worse!

now, wheres that Terry?

ps. I dont really give a fig about spelling.

If they were sat DOWNWIND of you, you would not have smoke wafts going past you.:flame:

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Smokers kills
After the stress of the last two days Trying to get my Husband into the hotel I will have my smokes in my room . Also the cafe next to hubbys shop . I dont go to the beach its to hot and that sand gets every were !!!! But i would never be so rude as to allow my smoke to go near Peregrine .. and as for Terry ... Well i could be the Second murder victim in Turkey . { only kidding dont think that realy Hmmm } lol Anyway pleased you enjoyed your holiday Peregrine and Hope Terry enjoys his too . I fly to Antalya my smoke won't reach yous Diane

Latest Posts

Top Bottom