merlin

SLR or Digital?
This is an old chestnut as far as I am concerned.

SLR or Digital.

I never seem to be able to take the quality of photos from the digital camera I own compared to those I did with my trusty SLR.

ok. I love the ability to be able to delete/edit and publish from Digital but I still think I could do much better.

Anyone else feel the same?

Merv!
Nikon Coolpix 5400

Mushtaq

Founding Member
SLR or Digital?
Image quality is not as good as film, but Digital is the way to go for me, I have been waiting years first to get a digital back for my canon slr, which never arrived, then waited for a decent price digital slr.

Finally bought a Nikon D70 digital slr and have been very happy with it, but now have a small mark on the ccd screen (water drop I think) which I will probably have to send to Nikon to remove.

But in the meantime I can just fix it in photoshop.

So if you want my 35mm film, Canon EOS5 with zoom etc. make me an offer :D I have not used it for couple of years now.

Martyn

SLR or Digital?
Yeah I agree with the quality not being as good as an SLR but digital is so flexible and you only pay for good photos so its no contest as far as i'm concerned.

Mushtaq

Founding Member
SLR or Digital?
The best thing I like about digital is that I can tweak pictures easily, fix slight errors in exposure etc. This was a pain in the old ways, having to mess around in the darkroom is no fun for me.

I now have a digital darkroom and getting better with it.

Martyn

SLR or Digital?
Yes I use paint Shop Pro 9 and it has a one click photo fix utility and then do the red eye. Finally a crop to get rid of unwanted extras and you're done.

murdo

Warp Factor 8
SLR or Digital?
What sort of starting price are decent digital cameras. We got a basic one for £150 but it's more for family-type shots and making dure John doesn't chop heads off
Jackie

murdo

Warp Factor 8
SLR or Digital?
Merlin, link won't work for me!!!!
Jackie
it sounds like an Aston Martin car!!!!

murdo

Warp Factor 8
SLR or Digital?
Hmm...rebooted and works. The joys of computers. Wow, expensive bit of kit
Jackie

murdo

Warp Factor 8
SLR or Digital?
I will bow (wow wow) to you two's superior knowledge of dog's whotsits. There's some nice reviews of it online. You will have to get someone to buy in UK and bring over for you
Jackie

merlin

SLR or Digital?
I will do but convincing the missus we need another Nikon in the family as opposed to crystal chandeliars is tough going.

Merv!

juco

SLR or Digital?
Thanks merv,

I was 35mm years ago and got back into photography when digi became cheap enough. A lot of it is down to (as with film) how you take it. the camera I use can be got now for about £130 on ebay so not expensive. Here is one I took at the weekend and then edited using photoshop. I am looking to take a set of different flowers and print on glossy as a set to hang in my kitchen in Turkey.

5y9umu

Latest Posts

Top Bottom