McQuillen

Slow cookers
Hi everyone do you know if I could bring a slow cooker in my hand luggage please? Or can I buy one in didim and if so how much?

kibris

Slow cookers
Brıng one ıf you can .Slowcookers are not as easy to fınd ın turkey as ın the uk nor are the 3 tıer electrıc steamers that ı lıke .There ıs a sıte called KLIKSA.COM that you can order a multı functıon slow cooker from and many more electrıcal goods,.I ımprovıse and use a bıg cookıng pot wıth a tıght fıttıng lıd on an electrıc plug ın hotplate whıch are around 20lıra here ın kusadasi.The settıng ıve found that works best ıs halfway between no1 and no 2 on the model that ı have. I also cook whole chıckens thıs way brownıng the chıcken ın hot oıl or butter fırst then lıd on tıght--reduce heat and just leave for a few hours and ıts lovely and tender. I lıke cookıng lıke thıs and often put ıt outsıde on my balcony on an extensıon lead ın the hot weather.

Spurs

Spurs
Slow cookers
We took one over with us (by car). I think now I would buy one in Turkey, you get the guarantee on it. I never saw one in Didim (never looked) but I did see one at a shop in Izmir, so they are there.

kibris

Slow cookers
Thıs ıs the one on the klıksa.com sıte ıts a multı functıon one and 199lıra

Attachments

• 4448671.jpg
    4448671.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 10

TNT123

To Young to be This Old
Slow cookers
We brought one over in April but Monarch said it had to go in suitcase in hold.Couldn't find one in Alanya.Great kitchen appliance.All I need now is an Halogen Oven,can't find them neither.Unless you guys know where I can get one.
Trev.

McQuillen

Slow cookers
Thank you for your help everyone I appreciate it and Kibris thank you for your detailed help and advice

Last edited:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Slow cookers
We have taken 2 over in hand luggage, one for us and one for a friend, ours is really just big enough for 2 so if we are cooking for more we use the hotplate method no 1 all day and its just as good as the little slow cooker

Martin

kibris

Slow cookers
We brought one over in April but Monarch said it had to go in suitcase in hold.Couldn't find one in Alanya.Great kitchen appliance.All I need now is an Halogen Oven,can't find them neither.Unless you guys know where I can get one.
Trev.

I saw one ın mıgros about 18 months ago--not seen one sınce.The trouble ıs here ın turkey ıf you dont grab somethıng when you see ıt you mıss out.They never seem to have repeat stock lıke uk.We could do wıth argos here.What ım usıng most here at the moment ıs a bıg pressure cooker that ı got.Now the pressure cookers are readıly avaılablesee them all over the place,lots of dıfferent sızes too.Its great for me as ı make a lot of soups and stews wıth all the lovely and cheap veg off the market.Another great applıance ı brought from the uk was a prestıge electrıc wok--fantastıc--and ı do allsorts ın that too ıncludıng gozleme.you can get those type of thıngs here no problem and they cost around 50lıra for the smaller one .

Kalkan regular

The Golden Girls
Slow cookers
I took one out in the suitcase, I packed the inside of it with underwear, etc so it didn't take up too much room.

butt007

Warren
Slow cookers
We got a slow cooker from Asda last summer , it was only about £15 its great, I have looked and looked but never have seen one here. We put it in the hold bag and no probs at all either departures or arrivals.
Warren

Mushroom

Slow cookers
I bought one from Asda about 2 years ago for £9 and thought that if it didn't make the journey intact at least I hadn't lost much. I put it in the suitcase, wrapped things all around it and it not only made the trip but still works fine today.
I flew with Jet2 and asked at check in if it would be appropriate to put a fragile sticker on my case because of the cooker, but the lady said it would only encourage the baggage handlers to throw it about more !!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom