sky multi-room box
HAPPY NEW TO EVERYONE

i wonder if someone can help me with this.
here in Ireland i have sky tv. i have digi-box in living room and multi player in two bedrooms.
if i were to bring one of the multi players over to didim, would anyone out there be able to get them to work and now comes the really stupid part------
would i need a sattelite dish????????
if there is a way that i can view tv just for a couple of weeks two or three times a year please let me know.

thanks a million.

billmac

sky multi-room box
hi philip what is the correct link i ahve tried allsorts but still cant get it to work.
thanks in anticipation bill

carolk

R.I.P
sky multi-room box
Actually Martyn, I don't know if I get all the channels as I don't watch sport but, theres a lot of sport ones. I get movies and everything I watch. Its through the internet and I have two small dishes. My friend has a 3 meter dish and she says I have all the same channel's as she does.

Martyn

sky multi-room box
Actually Martyn, I don't know if I get all the channels as I don't watch sport but, theres a lot of sport ones. I get movies and everything I watch. Its through the internet and I have two small dishes. My friend has a 3 meter dish and she says I have all the same channel's as she does.

So are you getting it through the internet or the dishes Carol? :confused:

carolk

R.I.P
sky multi-room box
Martyn, you know I'm not very techie lol. I had one small dish and had to have another and I had to have the internet which I did - so I don't know how the hell I get it - just do. If I turn internet off TV goes off, is that any help to understanding it at all?

Martyn

sky multi-room box
Martyn, you know I'm not very techie lol. I had one small dish and had to have another and I had to have the internet which I did - so I don't know how the hell I get it - just do. If I turn internet off TV goes off, is that any help to understanding it at all?

By the sounds of it you don't need the dishes Carol.

Martyn

sky multi-room box
Don't take my word for it Carol, i'm just guessing. Sky normally comes through the dish but maybe it is different there and a way around the large dish required.

thingthong

sky multi-room box
HAPPY NEW TO EVERYONE

i wonder if someone can help me with this.
here in Ireland i have sky tv. i have digi-box in living room and multi player in two bedrooms.
if i were to bring one of the multi players over to didim, would anyone out there be able to get them to work and now comes the really stupid part------
would i need a sattelite dish????????
if there is a way that i can view tv just for a couple of weeks two or three times a year please let me know.

thanks a million.

what we do is record all the programmes we want onto a philips dvd recorder 250 gb memory,or you can record any programmes directly onto it from the sky box memory
theres lots of programmes i have taped on sky that i never get around to watching,so prior to going to turkey ,i get them all recored to the memory of my philips dvd recorder and throw it into the hand luggage with a scart and thats over 200 hours of tv that i want to watch no need for dishes ,internet and it also plays dvds
you'll pick one up cheap on ebay,you can also get one that allows you to play directly from usb,just plug it in and you can have say 10 movies on one 8gb usb
not great at the downloading part,just give it to a family member and he sorts all that

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
sky multi-room box
From our box we have stuff like BBC World news, music channels films etc, and we have a DVD player in the Apt, we just have loads of DVD's and CD's there and replenish each time we go, there's over 200 now, and that suffices whilst we're there, we're mostly out in the evenings, but good for those nights that we decide to stay home. If we lived there full time, different story.

sky multi-room box
Hi THINGTHONG,
brilliant idea. thats the way i will go i think. like you though, i will have to had over the downloading to my daughter. not good at all with the techno, give me DIY anyday, would beat hubby hands down on that one lol.

many thanks.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom