willip

willip
Sky, Freeview, Hotbird etc.
just looking at this offer of a satellite signal finder for £14.99 at Argos details below, does anybody know whether this would work in Turkey? could you find all the freeview channels on your box instead of having to take the box back to be chipped. thanks for any help. Pat

Details
Helps find free-to-air satellite signal.

Allows the user to find the best signal strength.

Find the best azimuth/elevation settings for satellite dish installation.

With variable audio signal and analogue meter.

Frequency range 950-2250MHz.

Analogue meter with audible signal detector.

hijo

in my own clique
Re: Digiturk TV Guide

.. i brought a couple of sky boxes and a freeveiw box a couple of years ago from the uk ..and none of them work ..but i am holding on to them as i think one day they will ..turkey has only recently put up a new satelite..last month i think:thumbup:

basic

Would work as all it is doing is finding the satellite signal,i use one to realign my dishes when the wind has moved them.

hijo

in my own clique
..think you.ll find turkey blocks a lot of programmes not to mention youtube...:11:

jenka

i have english sky box but had to buy a dish you can see from space for it to work - and then it has to be a certain type of dish (which mine isn't) to get terestrial tv i.e bbc, itv etc. Best to find an alternative really, good luck :eek:)

DtB

Have heard that a shop in Turgutreis offers a deal involving 3 dishes by means of which you can receive all the usual UK channels (whatever that means......), but only have this verbally so need to move my body away from the pool and get more info. Will post when I have such, tho' others on this Forum, who have it installed, can poss provide better info..........

catweazle

you cant receive any sky channels with only a small dish, you need a 4 metre dish also some sky boxes are more sensetive than others and there are some that wont work the best ones are the old pace ones or the thomson sky boxes

DtB

Went to chat to the shop who sells this deal in Turgutreis (Vestel by the way, on the main drag close to Migros) and it transpires that the system needs two dishes & 3 decoders as it picks up Hotbird, Turksat & Nilesat 101-102

Not as I was informed, the "usual UK channels" but more the usual UK Prime, BBC News etc................

System price YTL 650,-- one-off.

Just in case any of you are interested.

Myself....................., I think I'm going down the "Astra Line" and will aim to pick up a plethora of MainLand Europe channels as, after 30yrs in Germany, I quite like the German TV channels.............
I can understand that it's not to everybody's taste tho'

Latest Posts

Top Bottom