Side beach on 25.01.10
For those of you who have requested photos of the work on the beach, here are some more. The work seems to be going at a fast rate - yesterday there were about 150 men working but today we saw only about 5.

Sue

Attachments

• side beach 001.jpg
    side beach 001.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 204
  • side beach 002.jpg
    side beach 002.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 186
  • side beach 003.jpg
    side beach 003.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 177
  • side beach 004.jpg
    side beach 004.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 173
  • side beach 005.jpg
    side beach 005.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 172
  • side beach 006.jpg
    side beach 006.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 154
  • side beach 007.jpg
    side beach 007.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 156
  • side beach 008.jpg
    side beach 008.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 154
  • side beach 009.jpg
    side beach 009.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 143
Last edited by a moderator:

angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side
Side beach on 25.01.10
Hello Sue/Paddington Bear - yes İ too walked the beach and was astounded at the very hard work they were all doing today - 30 workmen at just one 2-star hotel (Golden Star) as an example - and they all told me everythıing would be finished by end of March as they have some customers coming 01 Aprıl 2010 - cant wait to see it all finished !

Philogic

Side beach on 25.01.10
Hi Sue, thanks for the pics, kep them coming. Are they taken near the Jandarma on the beach? I dont recognise the area. Any signs of beach bars being built? I do like to recover after a long beach walk!

Els

Side beach on 25.01.10
From some of the photos it looks like it is going to be a nice walkway and not like the enormously wide "boulevard" like thing between Colakli and Kumköy thank goodness.

angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side
Side beach on 25.01.10
The walkway and path has been completed from Old Town Side to Can Garden Beach Hotel - a lovely All İnclusive which is now closed but will re-open on 21 April untıl 07 November 2010 - for those of us who live in or near Side - the Can Garden does a Day Pass for just 25 Euros to include lunch + use of swimming pool - the Sentido Perissia 5-star hotel does a Day Pass for 30 Euros but that is from 12noon until 7pm any day of the week and any week of the year! even in The Season - that Perissia pass includes the wonderful main restaurant buffet lunch + all you can drink including champagne!! + use of indoor pool + sauna - you just need to give 24 hours notice so the guard at the gate has your name - and takes your passport whilst you are there for the day.

Philogic - dont worry about getting your Efes on the beach ! - all the little bars that were there when you were last here are currently negotiating with the Belediysi for new licences and İ feel sure they will all - or nearly all - be open again by 01 Aprıl 2010 - certainly the Lindas Bar that was knocked down on the beach by you and İ have assured me not to worry and they will do all they can to secure a new license and have a brand new bar built - with free sunbeds as before - but it will be a lot lot smaller than the one they had last season - as will all the others probably to save a few Lire for them!

EVERYONE PLEASE - it is now only January !! - the Turks are working like crazy on the construction here as you can see from what PaddingtonBear says - and me - and we are both here in Side now - nobody can tell you for sure what will be or not be in April - as the locals say 'This İs Turkey' !! - and as you know they live for the day and jump hurdles as they happen - İ think it is very sad indeed to have pix of construction work on the İnternet at all and gives out the wrong impression for those wanting to visit Side this summer - İ know one couple for sure have now booked at Belek instead this summer - and it is their very first visit to Turkey and all they will probably now see is a plush hotel complex and not Side at all ...

Philogic

Side beach on 25.01.10
From Angela....
'Philogic - dont worry about getting your Efes on the beach ! - all the little bars that were there when you were last here are currently negotiating with the Belediysi for new licences and İ feel sure they will all - or nearly all - be open'

Thats a relief!!!!!!!!

Regarding the pictures of the building work, I certainly want to see them, the more the better, I may be able to recognise some places when the work is a little further on. I think these pictures will become an important part of a historical archive of Side. Many large construction sites in the UK use Progress Pictures as a record and to see how the work is getting on. Take pics every day I say!

Those people going to Belek are very short sighted, did they think Benidorm [for instance] was built in a week?

rpkjh

Side beach on 25.01.10
Please can anyone tell me if the Ottoman Beach restraunt has been affected?

rpkjh

Side beach on 25.01.10
on the beach front just by Leda Beach Hotel. It is owned by the same people who have the Ottoman Restraunt in the centre of Side.

Philogic

Side beach on 25.01.10
Hi all, I'm in Australia on holiday and will be out in April and am wondering how the building work is getting on. Nothing new on the site for ages. I also heard that we had some bad storms, any damage?

lemmy

Side beach on 25.01.10
hi all that is a few weeks since the pictures were kindly loaded on this topic has anyone been along the beach recently to show us some progress as we are speeding towards april and i know a lot can be achieved in turkey in a few weeks. any pictures will be appreciated by some of us at least.

Side beach on 25.01.10
Here,here! We are all wondering how the work is progressing- we'll be out there in our wonderful home in May.

moortenerife

moortenerife
Side beach on 25.01.10
yes, more pictures please. we are all waiting an update on the progress. we are also coming out in may and are looking forward to seeing all the work that has been done. so come on please anyone in side at the moment and think of us poor brits in the freezing cold here in england, it seems like its been a really long winter this year and we are all looking forward to seeing sunny side again soon.

Side beach on 25.01.10
We are out in May too! Is there anyone taking photo's? It will put people off booking to come to Side (NOT US- I might add) this year if they think the beach will still be a building site! SO photos please.

tez

Side beach on 25.01.10
hi all we go to side on the 3rd march so i will have a go at a few photos any place in particular let me know and i will try if i can help in any way i will
terry

lemmy

Side beach on 25.01.10
tez if you can take some general pictures showing how the work is getting on i am sure there will be many members here who will be reassured to see that progress is being made. it would also be good for new visitors to the area to see that things will be sorted and it will all look good in the end.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom