ceemac

Shake It Baby...
'Sickie' Excuses
Here's some 'sickie' excuses used by Irish workers....

My mother's house burnt down..."

“I’ve got locked in the apartment and had no keys to get out until my boyfriend came back from work."

“The dog followed me to work so I had to take him back home, that’s why I'm late”

" I ate too much chocolate last night and therefore have got a stomach infection, so unable to come to work"

“I can't come in because I had a dream that I will be hit by a truck today.”

“I had to take the cat to the vet because it got drunk on the beer that had been left out in the garden to kill slugs”

“Bord Gas was doing roadworks outside my house so they told me I had to stay in for the day in case they needed anything”

“Missed the ferry from Achill Island to the Mainland. (There is a Bridge)

“I got stung by a bee on the ear”

“There was a rat in the hall and I was too afraid to leave for fear it would attack me (true story!)"

“I am going to be late due to a wheel of an airplane fell on to my roof, and I am waiting for someone from Dublin airport to come out and collect it."

“Bus went on fire”

“ I can’t come in to work today because I have stood on my glasses and can’t see.”

“ My rabbit has ran off and I have to find him”

“I can’t come in as I got in to an argument with the traffic warden who was ticketing my car and I am currently in a cell in the police station.”

“I was thrown off the dart for not having a valid ticket and didn't have any money to pay for one.”

“Someone broke into my house and I was too afraid to move out of the bed until someone else got up before me to make sure that they were really gone.!!"

“A bird shited on me on the way to work, and I had to go back home, so there was no point to come to work because I would be so late back.”

“I woke up and thought it was Saturday until 3pm”

“My cat got sick on my work clothes so I have to wash and dry them therefore I will be late"

“My bag got stolen on my way to work, I need to go to the Gardai station and report it, wont be in for the day due to shock of incident."

Source: Computer Jobs in Ireland - Top 20 Funny Sickie Excuses

What's the best (or worst) excuse you've ever used?

C

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
'Sickie' Excuses
Many years ago, one of my staff phoned in sick:-

Worker "Boss, I can't get in to work today 'cos I can't get my car started"

Me " You live just 300 yards from the depot, walk in"

Worker, "But that means I'll have to walk home in the dark!" ( He's 26, married, with 3 kids )

Me "Your choice mate, walk to the depot, or when you get the car sorted, drive to the Job Centre"

Funny, he clocked-on in time to start his shift with 3 minutes to spare.

'Sickie' Excuses
I had a friend who worked in the tax office in London.
One of the best excuses one of his colleagues used was...
"I can't come in because I am sexually aroused and cannot get my trousers on".
Needless to say the girls in the office looked at him in a new light after that one!

'Sickie' Excuses
well now me lad/lassie,
tis the luck a uz oirish ya see.
when we dont want to go ta work we can always come up with a good excuse, an when we do wanna go ta work, strange things do happen ta us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
'Sickie' Excuses
" Can't get to work locked in mad woman's cellar she is after me assets!!"

And, his latest excuse is, he's lost and not sure which time zone he is in!!! I've had many staff ringing me in my 22 years as a Manager, but this one takes the biscuit, lol

Tess

'Sickie' Excuses
" I ate too much chocolate last night and therefore have got a stomach infection, so unable to come to work"

I'm finding this one pretty plausible. Hmmmm!!!!

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
'Sickie' Excuses

I'm finding this one pretty plausible. Hmmmm!!!!

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo: And it's all my fault for tempting you, I'll stick up for you Tess:mmph:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom