bobthenob

Non Active Member
Sick Britain
Here are the many photo's taken from a Polish photogragher from the sun newspaper that says he has never seen anything like this before.
The British society reflects an image to the world as a society that has degenerated to the point where immoral behaviour is acceptable.
Morals has the strength to bond communities together,resulting in very little crime.
When we have a government enforcing policies to rob from the law biding taxpayer and sides with the one's with no morals.Then the society will degenerate into a sewer of bad behaviour.
What has happened.Why did this happen.What are the solutions.
Here is the link
Slideshow PopUp

Last edited by a moderator:

PASH

Sick Britain
Re: Sick Britian

Hi Bob, The one very obvious factor in all 22 photos would appear to be alcohol, so i suggest thats where they start. I would bring back the old rather draconian drinking laws and make all the pubs shut at 10.30 /11.00 again. The governments 24 hour drinking is a major cause of the problem indicated in the 22 photos. No matter how much this crooked lot massage the figures to tell us its not the hours to blame, we all know it worse since the liberalisation of the laws - you just need to walk down any high street after 11pm to see the problems. Perhaps with money becoming tighter, jobs being lost etc, we will see a decrease in this awful behaviour.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Sick Britain

The key to this is re-educating people to learn to have respect. Respect for authority, parents, teachers, the elderly - others basically.

This has to be done in the home and through schools. It won't happen though as we've slid too far and there's too many namby pamby do-gooders making a fortune out of the shambles.

Our politicians have demonstrated quite aptly recently just how far the moral decline has gone....

C

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Sick Britain

Respect ( or lack of ) as Ceemac states is the only reason. In my hometown at kicking out time punch ups always ensued, until the local Old Bill put in a patrol. Suddenly peace reigned.

Today pathetic, hands off, nice guy Policing of foul mouthed, arrogant, agressive yobs of both genders, cause them to laugh openly at the Police.

Give me back a Police Presence, " i'll tell you once, shut up, go home or your' nicked " and then back it up.

Parliament must shackle judges and magistrates with clear specific laws ( sounds like a joke , sorry )

Steve.

Last edited:

Martyn

Sick Britain

It's all down to respect. I'm not saying we didn't get drunk or in other troubles in our day, we did, but there was respect for everything from most. You would get a clump off a copper, corporal punishment at school but above all it is down to parenting. Both parents now work, in our day it was mainly just the father so we didn't have door latch kids. I have three adult children now and never had a problem with them, they respect others and are just well behaved. They saw it from us as parents and consequently are teaching their children the same values. I have said to them you are just not responsible for your children but your childrens' children.

Last edited:

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Sick Britain

The key to this is re-educating people to learn to have respect. Respect for authority, parents, teachers, the elderly - others basically.

This has to be done in the home and through schools. It won't happen though as we've slid too far and there's too many namby pamby do-gooders making a fortune out of the shambles.

Our politicians have demonstrated quite aptly recently just how far the moral decline has gone....

C

Right on the nail..Ceemac..Sadly the system has deterred the teaching of morals and has replaced it with a freedom to do what you like,with rewards from the benefit system in allowing the promotion of a degenerative society to be encouraged.

Last edited:

PASH

Sick Britain

You are quite right with the respect angle, also i feel this Labour government has ruined the work ethic in the UK. Example - I have a construction business and employ 18 year old school leaver for general duties at £7.50 per hour, £2 above the minimum wage, they last one week, do not want to do the work, do not want to train and demand £10 per hour after a weeks work? Is it any wonder the construction industry employs eastern europeans who work harder, demand less and show eagerness to learn - Our society is busted and needs fixed fast before we sink any further into the dirt!

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Sick Britain

We may complain of many things in Turkey but their societal values put Britain to shame.

It would be interesting to know if compulsory military service plays a part in the moral fibre of the country?

Tell you what, if all TLF members give me a tenner each, I'll go to Turkey for 5 years and carry this research out - then I'll report back to you.

Seriously though, I've always thought that it must give young men a good grounding in life.

C

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Sick Britain

Hi Bob, The one very obvious factor in all 22 photos would appear to be alcohol
Yep, better off tea-total, like me :) I was at a charity do yesterday, and had fun counting the potential sunday hangovers in the room.

Me? ... I feel just fine this morning :)

icebern09

Fighting "The Beast"
Sick Britain

I did a really good job with my children, and the schools helped along the way. Then of a sudden the teachers wanted to be "friends" call me frank (Or whatever) nor Mr/Miss/Mrs
Punishment was and is not allowed, Respect went out of the window.

Four of my Grand children have left school with no grades, no jobs, no prospects. They are all lovely children, polite and respectful of me and their parents, but change when with their peers.
Those pictures and some of the T.V. programmes I have seen have made up my mind once and for all.

Bring back corporal punishment, Bring back conscription. Allow teachers to punish children for wrongdoing

Sick Britain

i also think that its not only young people who behave badly..adults talk of a good time by the amount of alcohol consumed.
İn Turkey people wont drink in front of their parents nor smoke and this behaviour is not confined to kids.
once upon a time we were afraid to tell our parents we'd hd a row at school because parents upheld the teachers authority ...and also the police..now nobody cares.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Sick Britain

Yep, better off tea-total, like me :) I was at a charity do yesterday, and had fun counting the potential sunday hangovers in the room.

Me? ... I feel just fine this morning :)

You sure you haven't a hangover this morning Pete?

28comqs.jpg

C (running rapidly for cover)

Sick Britain

In defence of the country I live in I recall that those photographs were taken over a period of 1 year or longer and these situations are not occurring everywhere.
The media homed in on this and implied the photos were an instant snapshot over a few nights and they were not.
I agree there are problems in some large cities and towns but not widespread as the impression has been given.
It depends on where you are and if people are going to say "thats 22 reasons why they moved to Turkey", I will come up with more than 22 reasons why I am happy here in the UK.
It is nowhere near as bad as its painted sometimes and perhaps our Polish photographer ought to take a few photos of his home country and we can decide.

tykatem

Available in sarcastic to
Sick Britain

In defence of my country, that being England. I did note that the pictures were taken in Wales
Pete

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Sick Britain

Yes you make some very good points Terry. There are still many good young people in the UK but you won't hear about them as it's not newsworthy - it just doesn't sell newspapers.

However, there is definitely a difference between the attitude of the majority of young Turkish people compared to the UK youth. You walk down the street here and see a gathering of them and their whole demeanour says disrespect - they're spitting, swearing, drinking, smoking God knows what, and aggressive - that's just the girls!!

Seriously, just look at their behaviour in Turkey - I'm not saying there's never fights or drunkenness there - I know there is, particularly in the big cities - but it's a joy to watch them offer an elderly person their seat, or see how smart and well behaved they are going to and coming from school.

It's just much less intimidating...

C

kaplumba

Sick Britain

I did a really good job with my children, and the schools helped along the way. Then of a sudden the teachers wanted to be "friends" call me frank (Or whatever) nor Mr/Miss/Mrs
Punishment was and is not allowed, Respect went out of the window.

Four of my Grand children have left school with no grades, no jobs, no prospects. They are all lovely children, polite and respectful of me and their parents, but change when with their peers.
Those pictures and some of the T.V. programmes I have seen have made up my mind once and for all.

Bring back corporal punishment, Bring back conscription. Allow teachers to punish children for wrongdoing

Teachers can and do punish children but not with corporal punishment. Withdrawal of privileges is a much better way with clear rules, sanctions and rewards. Children who are hit only learn that you can get your own way with violence. In over 30 years of teaching I have come to realise that the worst behaved children have been those who are hit at home and those who are told by their parents to hit back when someone annoys them. Now kids, especially little ones interpret that to include all occasions when perhaps another small child accidentally wobbles into them or when they can't have their own way. This escalates as they get older. I certainly do not encourage parents or children to call me by my first name, my children's teachers didn't and I haven't met many who do. There may have been a time around the 70's when that happened but I and many others have always maintained a polite distance. I have rarely met a parent or for that fact a child who didn't respect me and I have worked in all kinds of communities. The vast majority back up teacher's decisions. Of course there are those who are out to cause problems and like to assert their authority but on the whole I have found if you are polite, fair and straightforward with them it's fine. The trouble makers are in the minority but of course they make good press.
Both my kids and all of their friends have gone through their education trouble free and with good qualifications. My kids are happy to allow me into their facebook pages and I feel really proud of the achievements of their friends. They are all early 20's now and without exception have made the most of their lives and have jobs or are studying. Yes of course there are a few drunken party pictures but not on the scale of the Polish chaps ones. Yes you see this kind of behaviour sometimes and it is awful but I don't think it's on the scale the media likes to imply.

Last edited:

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Sick Britain

You sure you haven't a hangover this morning Pete?

28comqs.jpg

C (running rapidly for cover)

Bah C, Iv'e had half a season to prepare to see that cack plastered all over the place so it doesn't bother me :)

Some right ugly mugs there though eh?

Sick Britain

I have just read a transcript of it in the Mail and it was a FOUR year project and he went looking for that type of thing!!!! on ONLY Friday and Saturday nights AND in an area noted for nightclubs and bars!!.
Couldnt really go wrong could he?
A bit like me sat outside a maternity hospital looking for baby pictures!!!
I could take my camera out for 48 months and find sensationalist pictures like that.
If you want to make a drunk look worse how difficult is it to pull a trash can over for special effect??
It makes me sick how the media jump on this kind of thing and suggest he just took them over a weekend in Wales.
We have good kids in our area who give up seats on buses and behave well.They are well brought up and know how to enjoy themselves once in a while!!!
In fact a surprising number are very religious and adopt a strict behaviour pattern.
Before the Breathalyser came in I as a teenager frequently parked my car sideways on the drive because I was too drunk to park it!!
All of the friends of our kids nominate a driver who doesnt drink AT ALL on the evening out so someone can drive them home safely.
This article is out to shock with a deliberately set up series of 22 shots searched out over a long period of time and there are two sides to everything.
Bob I have been posting pictures on Facebook for sometime about beautiful Kent and various areas and it may cheer you up to look at them rather than think all the UK is some seething den of degeneration and anarchy

Last edited:

pebble

Sick Britain

Let's not slam our own country, we have plenty of people slamming it for us.

Yes, we have our problems...we dont like our laundry aired for the world to see, and we sure as heck dont like it when outsiders critize our country.

I mean, thats how I am, and i imagine most of you are somewhat patriotic, you wouldnt let anyone bad mouth your country or queen....
I try to defend my country (USA) and my present pres (lord knows it was impossible to defend the past one...)

the pics were definately skewed. But I have seen much worse

the manner in which the photographer got the pics isnt the issue though is it?>

the issue is is that our society has deteriorated to such an extent that we have become a laughing stock to the world. How does that feel?? not very good...what can we do about it to change things? we need to make our voices be heard.
attend shool board meetings, PTA meetings, council meetings, get involvd in local politics, yada yada yada

this whole drinking thing has gotten out of hand....what a shame......
dont you think it is despair?

im going to quit before i start rambling again....

i have a couple of last words:
self respect
responsibility
values
caring
yada yada yada

I'll quit preaching to the choir.....I think we are all on the same page

Latest Posts

Top Bottom