anonuser

showing evidence and married query
Hello

I have been advised by another website that if I was married to a Turkish citizen and then applied for a Resident Visa I would not need to show any evidence of how I am supporting myself.. Apparently it is assumed your husband will support you

But if single I would need to show bank statements etc

Can someone clear this query up for me?

I am going to get married and live in Istanbul within the next 2 years , if this is of any help

Hi, that information is correct.

If not married to a Turksih citizen, you should show the equivalent of 500 $ per month in your bank account. The equivalent, means it can be an account in TL of Euro, etc.

Good luck.

anonuser

Thanks for the confirmation the other website informed it was $300 USD per month for Istanbul. I think I need to get this checked out. I need to decide what to do first

Maybe marriage then resident visa and buy apartment and hopefully few years down the road - Turkish citizenship. I would have duel nationality as I am British

I will buy my home outright and have about £7000.00 still left in my savings ( not sure if they take this into account) and of course my husband to be - has a full time job ? (a Turkish citizen)

suzyq

If you are planning to stay in Turkey for longer than 90 days you will need to get a RP whether you are married or not. As you say a few years, (3 years at the moment) down the road you can apply for citizenship.

Unless you know the area where you want to buy very well I suggest you rent first before buying as you may find it not be to your liking after a while, for various reasons.

anonuser

Thanks I already know about the 90 days visa and that I need a resident permit. (Sorry I should have wrote RP not resident visa) I shall not be renting ... I know where I shall be living and it is the place where my partner has lived for over 20 years .. He knows the area very well.

I have been to the area 5 times now myself .. Hasköy , Istanbul

But thanks for the info and I will try and find why someone living in Istanbul said $300 USD.. 2012 price and on here $500

beyazbayan

Just a nb all property obtained after marriage will be divided equally should the partners seperate later. All properties obtained before marriage remain yours/his sole property.

anonuser

Thanks beyazbayan, that is interesting info you gave.. Maybe the purchase of the property should be the first port of call -- Marriage afterwards

suzyq

If you are going to have the property in your name be aware that at the beginning of the process, because you are a foreigner, that a Military Search has to be done on the property to make sure it isn't in a military area. I don't know how long it takes in Istanbul.

Do not buy off-plan how ever tempting it might be, it will save you a lot of money not to mention all the problems you could encounter. Do not use a lawyer associated with the builder or the emlak, find an independent one.

Make sure the property you buy has got a Tapu and have it checked out to make sure there are no debts. Even if it has a Tapu you must make sure it has also got a Habitation Certificate, without that it means that you are not legally allowed to live in it.

Only put a small deposit down and please browse the forum, much has been written about buying property. Some people have had no problems, but a lot have, some have paid in full for properties only to lose them and all the money they paid and more, plus a lot mental anguish.

Just take you time and be careful.

Chinook

But thanks for the info and I will try and find why someone living in Istanbul said $300 USD.. 2012 price and on here $500

Different areas have different requirements as to application requirements including the amount required. Some people seem not to have even been asked for proof of income and some areas accept UK bank accounts as well as Turkish.I would contact the office local to where you are (intending) living and seek their advice.

beyazbayan

When you are buying it can take some time to get your permission. One way of ensuring the tapu cannot be used to raise money by the seller after you have paid and before you get your tapu is to have the tapu lodged with a bank and only released when you get your permission and make the final payment and then only with the signature and passport/kimlik and in the presence of the buyer and seller. İf your seller is not happy with this arrangement İ would question their sincerity. My builder did not hesitate to agree to this arrangement for me.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom