SonnyJim

Living in Paradise!
Should we pay??!!
Went for a nice stroll this morning to the village shop for bread, a lovely day...

Then WHAM!! - Hassan the shop keeper told us that Aydem have found out that a meter was taken from our property by the then local shepherd, and we are liable for any outstanding payments! Bearing in mind we bought our house 5 and a half years ago from an English couple who aquired it some 10 years before that.

We have been asked to go to the Aydem office on Monday. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Are we really liable?

Everything crossed that we are not talking fortunes, but it certainly put a cloud over our otherwise fantastic morning!!!!!

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Should we pay??!!
a meter was taken from our property by the then local shepherd, and we are liable for any outstanding payments!

I don't quite understand the problem. I am being a bit thick this morning ? :hmm::lol:

SonnyJim

Living in Paradise!
Should we pay??!!
I did wonder if I had made it too complicated!!!

About 15 - 20 years ago our property was a cow shed, apparently with an electric meter. The electric bills were not paid and the meter disappeared. A new meter was installed by the next owners, which we inherited, (they were not informed about this). Aydem are trying to collect payments/fine for that time and as we are now the property owners are saying we are liable!

Was just asking if anyone else has experienced anything like this, and if there is a way round it??!!

As clear as MUD??!! :hmm:

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Should we pay??!!
You might find yourself in the position where they cut you off until you pay. Legal advice is needed, which will probably include paying something with an accompanying letter disputing the bill. If you just pay the bill you are accepting the debt and you may find it very hard to get anything back.

Ian

juco

Should we pay??!!
As others have said take legal svice, my understanding though is that you are liable for previous unpaid debts. How far this is backdated I do not know.

ChrisBobs

Should we pay??!!
Legal advice sounds an absolute, and also locating the 'missing meter'- and shepherd!

Are you saying that the meter though moved, remained connected to your property electricity? or another place altogether?

It would seem to me that if TEDA┼× had continued to read the actual (named and numbered ?) meter at another residence/property then they accepted that it was applicable to there...?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom