Mikee100

Mikee100
Should We Introduce Turkey To This ?
Why do people think us British are eccentric, surely this is a normal Sunday afternoon activity? :lol:

Fendouglas

Gangless!
Be careful now KKOB! There may be people offended by seeing grown men (at their own choosing) risking life and limb by running down a hill...........not to mention what the 'Cheesists' are going to think!!!!!

OMG! It'll be table-dancing next.............................

pebble

and all this for a piece of cheese at the end of it all..........

what fun

dalyansteve

Marvelous English eccentricity at its best. Why some stupid Americans had to spoil it by saying that's why they had to save our ass? We saved theirs by giving them a fortune for belated help at a price. They gave it to us in both world wars(not in the nice way) then stuffed us all again by losing every body's money whilst still laughing all the way to the Caymen Islands. Up yours America.

Carolyn

yep, cheese-rolling at Coopers Hill, Gloucester. Not a million miles away from where we live. One of the local attractions and, believe it or not, they have actually made the course safer in recent years.

Just imagine what it was like before it was modified. Lots of broken bones.

And yes, it is all for a Double Gloucester Cheese and something to brag about in the pub for months afterwards.

dalyansteve

20 odd years ago, if I had Known, I probably would have been stupid enough to do it. After all I was nearly crippled at Centre Parks a couple of years ago and that was considered safe. Yes I would do it for a whole double gloucester, or wensleydale or even a common chedder.

Last edited:

tomc1984

Did the guy in the thong in picture 13 start off with clothes on or did they fall off on the way and let's hope that is mud on his backside. I can understand if not, fleeing downhill at a rate of knots to catch a lump of cheese could cause me to have an accident too. Personally I would rather just go to Tesco or Kipa for that matter and just buy the cheese.

pebble

Marvelous English eccentricity at its best. Why some stupid Americans had to spoil it by saying that's why they had to save our ass? We saved theirs by giving them a fortune for belated help at a price. They gave it to us in both world wars(not in the nice way) then stuffed us all again by losing every body's money whilst still laughing all the way to the Caymen Islands. Up yours America.

yikes, I must have missed something here........ what the f is this all about?

dalyansteve

Sorry Pebble no personal offence intended, just look at the comments following the pictures and the story and then you have to click on all comments. I have nothing against the American people but just the various administrations and their nefarious policies.
America may have helped the UK win the wars, and without their help we would have surely lost, BUT we had to pay every last penny for it. This is not argumentative this is public record.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom