Should there be a death penalty in the uk for some murders?

• Yes

Votes: 111 79.9%
  • No

Votes: 25 18.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Martyn

Should there be a death penalty in the uk?
Should there be a death penalty in the uk for some instances of murder?

PASH

I am for the death penalty for terrorist attacks that indiscriminately kill many people, standard cases of murder only seem to warrant a slap on the wrist and few years behind bars now, so i would stiffen those life sentences to mean LIFE!

dalyansteve

What is the point of spending huge amounts of money looking after mass murderers etc in prison where they will get any information and education, medical treatment, food lodgings etc, etc. A tramp down on his luck on the street would love to get the treatment they get, but probably only gets a kick or spat upon. Let us get real, if the evidence and the proof is there and proven, then why not the death penalty.

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
I voted against. I think it is completely ignorant to even consider in this day and age.

Crimes should be punished harder, none of these "playcentre/hotel" jails and proper sentences. Life should mean life etc.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
l'll just make it short and come out with it.l am in favour of the death penalty for the one's that show no mercy from there evil crimes they commit against humanity.
lt seems to me, the justice system in Britian spends billions of taxpayers money on the evil minds that has no intention of repenting from their sins,which seems to be rewarding them of their evil crimes.The danger also lies from the idiotic system we have in place in Britian, to release the evil minds from prison early so they can roam the streets,where they will just repeat the evil again,but this time much worse,because of the way they learn from each other with evil in mind.
The only solution would be to have a system established to take away their life so the public knows for certian that person will not set foot in the community again having terrorist motives.
Get rid of them

nanamo

I voted 'yes' but really I would like to see the punishment fit the crime, there appears to be no consistancy in the courts and I am also against the criminal being let out early for good behaviour when it was bad behaviour that put them there in the first place. I suppose to take someones life as a punishment does seem a bit harsh but if it was one of mine that got hurt maybe I would think differently. Molly x.

labman

I voted yes

I truly believe that society has become too tolerant, I'm not interested in terminating anyone's life but there is simply no deterant anymore, a line has to be drawn, and to be honest, I do not want to contribute my taxes to those who have been proven, without any shadow of doubt to be guilty of taking anothers life, keeping them in relative comfort so that they may use the system (and our money in most cases) to claim against us.

There are individuals who should not have the right to life if they cannot live along side others without delivering evil, personnally I think it should apply to the idiots who use dogs / kittens etc as bait for sharks as well.

I was brought up to respect other living things not kill them but the human rights brigade has gone too far in supporting evil to the point that they have unwhitingly become evil themselves. There are so many good people being trod on and ultimately by being too tolerent we are becoming our own worst enemy.

I have to ask the question - If someone killed a member of your family and it was made legal to press that button, would you do it - I would.

Just my opinion, sorry if it offends.

LM

carolk

R.I.P
I voted yes. I can think of other crimes besides murder that I would attach the death penalty to.

I only have to think of my own child and then read some of the horrors visited on other children to know, if any of those things had happened to mine I wouldn't be responsible for my actions.

Martyn

yes, and child rape,..............
eye for an eye,
only untill proven 100% guilty with evidence

Yes, I would have it for more than just murder. I think the issues that were a problem with the death penalty before like wrong identity have advanced much more with things like dna.

Last edited:

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
I can completely understand your points of view but mine is that "an eye for an eye" as a way of thinking is lowering yourself to their level which then seems hypocritical to me.

I think they should serve a REAL sentence, not a soft one. I also believe that the death penalty is an easier way out for a prisoner. I think most would rather top themselves than serve a LIFE (if life meant life) behind bars without homecomforts, just basics.

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
I can completely understand your points of view but mine is that "an eye for an eye" as a way of thinking is lowering yourself to their level which then seems hypocritical to me.

I think they should serve a REAL sentence, not a soft one. I also believe that the death penalty is an easier way out for a prisoner. I think most would rather top themselves than serve a LIFE (if life meant life) behind bars without homecomforts, just basics.

u know they took the 'eye for an eye' quite literally in iran, a woman was blinded by an acid attack from a man whom she refused serveral times to marry. the court then ruled that he have acid dropped into his eyes as well. if he took something away from her, he should suffer the same fate. i think that was great. he got of lucky as poor woman had alot of her face deformed...

labman

u know they took the 'eye for an eye' quite literally in iran, a woman was blinded by an acid attack from a man whom she refused serveral times to marry. the court then ruled that he have acid dropped into his eyes as well. if he took something away from her, he should suffer the same fate. i think that was great. he got of lucky as poor woman had alot of her face deformed...

Can't say "I think it is great" but then that may be hypocrytical to say and judge given I favour the death penalty.

I would have just got rid of the lunatic and save society the trouble of looking after him.

LM

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
If without a question of a doubt and what I mean by that is the killer was caught red handed or via super clear video tape or his/her DNA was to make him/her the murderer then YES, but I want this person to do a period of time in prison without knowledge of when he would be put to death, just to punish him more by giving him time to grow true fear. I don't believe rape or even child rape should mean the death penality unless it was a repeat offender and then Yes....if not a repeat offender don't protect him from the other prisoners by having him do his time alone, put him in with the general population. The child he /she raped had no protection why should the criminal. This crime should get nothing less then true life in prison, untill death. I think there should be a way to make these people pay their own way while inside, chain gangs, making license plates, some kind of industry where they can contribute for their own costs of care. Don't pay them a penny for their work either like they get now, imagine!!! Make the sentences MUCH stiffer and no parole...then see if the crime rate drops some.

Biker Bob

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
I voted against. I think it is completely ignorant to even consider in this day and age.

Crimes should be punished harder, none of these "playcentre/hotel" jails and proper sentences. Life should mean life etc.

I have voted yes and I would resent being labelled ignorant as I have often carefully considered the fors and againsts of the state killing murderers - this day or age has nothing to do with the argument.

C

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
It's my personal opinion and not an argument, a discussion.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
It's my personal opinion and not an argument, a discussion.

To which you are fully entitled as am I - incidentally, here's a definition of 'argument';

"ar⋅gu⋅ment  /ˈɑr
gyə
mənt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ahr-gyuh-muh
nt] Show IPA
–noun a discussion involving differing points of view; debate"

Not trying to be awkward Lyndsey, just felt I needed to challenge your comments regarding ignorance and 'this day and age' :eek:

C

3m's

Have voted yes but like some others I would include other categories, i.e.child molesters (including those who inflict great harm, not just interfere with children) but the evidence must be 150% and life or whatever the sentence, should mean life in basic cells, no time of for good behavior, no home comforts.
Some of the prisoners have more amenities than hard working citizens. Why should they?

Talkinman

If without a question of a doubt and what I mean by that is the killer was caught red handed or via super clear video tape or his/her DNA was to make him/her the murderer then YES, but I want this person to do a period of time in prison without knowledge of when he would be put to death, just to punish him more by giving him time to grow true fear. I don't believe rape or even child rape should mean the death penality unless it was a repeat offender and then Yes....if not a repeat offender don't protect him from the other prisoners by having him do his time alone, put him in with the general population. The child he /she raped had no protection why should the criminal. This crime should get nothing less then true life in prison, untill death. I think there should be a way to make these people pay their own way while inside, chain gangs, making license plates, some kind of industry where they can contribute for their own costs of care. Don't pay them a penny for their work either like they get now, imagine!!! Make the sentences MUCH stiffer and no parole...then see if the crime rate drops some.

Biker Bob

What you are proposing is not punishment but revenge,This is all fine to say but who is going to administer this? The true evil killers in our world do not for one second care about society or the way we treat them they are not governed by a "normal" set of rules but only by their own values which are almost always totally self centered.
It is very easy to sugest what should be done but the reality is we are constrained by our own rules and morality, Untill we realise that the wrongdoers in our world do not play by our rules but will strive to make sure that we do, we will never understand them.
I am sorry if this seems dismisive but everything that has been mentioned has been debated for a long time and untill we realise that in the main some people are just "BAD" then we will never move on, Even then I dont know the answer.
I do know however that if a killer is executed then he wont do it again.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom