v6cod

Living in Okcular
Should I bring it or get one there.
I am debating with myself whether to bring my canon IP4600 printer with me when we move out in February or to leave it behind in our house and get a new one in Turkey.

It weighs 6kg and as we haven't got enough stuff to warrant sending it cargo it will take up a chunk of our luggage allowance and will probably mean us paying for excess.

So the question is how much to replace it in Turkey, does anyone know?

It produces really excellent prints so I am loathe to replace it with a different printer.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
I've just had a look at Canon's Turkish website and that model number doesn't come-up. They possibly use a different number for it over here. I've also had a quick look in Gitti Gidiyor. The cartridges are on sale but no actual printer, so there's nothing to give a price comparison.

gren

KKOB, How do ink cartridge prices compare with the UK?

hi V6 have a look at teknoSA site and you can see all the printers there with pictures specs and prices..i think theres a teknoSA shop in most big towns nowadays.
teknosa.com

I bought a printer out here (very basic, didn't need it for anything more) and it was very cheap. Ink catridges are a bit expensive in my opinion, however; they're 40 lira for one but last about 2 minutes!
That said, I recently found a shop down the road selling them for 30 lira, so it pays to look around!

Raysalaff

Just Call Me Ray !
KKOB, How do ink cartridge prices compare with the UK?

I bought a new printer here, it's an Epsom all in one it did'nt cost the earth and it was easier than bringing one over, for ink I buy mine from here:

7dayshop.com - Online Store

I buy a lookalike and have used them for years they do for what I want, and cheap, I order them online just before going back to the UK and they a waiting for me to bring back.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Buy a printer in Turkey and get your friends to bring over ink cartridges for you !

CJD

better still get a friend to bring out the printer for you and
a good stock of cartridges, having seen the quality of your
photos a good printer is essential for you :)

better still get a friend to bring out the printer for you and
a good stock of cartridges, having seen the quality of your
photos a good printer is essential for you :)

thats so true..some fo the best pics ive seen (ian posts nice ones too)

dalyansteve

Hi John reading through what else has been said, I too would try and get a friend to bring the printer and cartridges, then buy one that is readily available here. This then gets round the availability of cartridges problem. In Fethiye there is a Teknosa and Gold computor shops, both are very good but nobody stocks all the available cartridges only the most common. I too have 2 printers, both HP, one that is used specifically for photo printing with 6 colour cartriges and one multi function for everything else. The cartridges for the 1st one are so expensive I have to order them when required.

butt007

Warren
Hello V6, I bought an HP colour, Scanner, printer, and copier just about 2yrs ago it cost 185tl, never had any problems with it. But a thought occured to me(happens sometimes) that if you brought one over with you. well you just might get collared at the customs here and that could cost! Plus of course the cost of bringing it on the plane, about £8/kilo.
Warren

v6cod

Living in Okcular
Thanks for the replies, had a look at teknosa but couldn't find the same printer. I will have to see the specifications of the printers they do have.

On the other hand I might get the better half to leave some of her stuff behind so i can bring the printer :gulme:

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Thanks for the replies, had a look at teknosa but couldn't find the same printer. I will have to see the specifications of the printers they do have.

On the other hand I might get the better half to leave some of her stuff behind so i can bring the printer :gulme:

Well I wouldn"t do that -- 3rd World War could start !!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom