ronzeus

Shopping delivered to your door in Kus
A friend has started a grocery shoping service in the silver sands area.She will do any amount of shopping for you from Migros and deliver it to your door for a fixed fee of 15 ytl.(plus the cost of the shopping of course)Pm if anyone wants the phone number. :cell:

Andy

Great idea for the ones that can't get out
as they live a little too far out of town.

I noticed today AMAZON.com as well as selling books and DVD's have
started to sell groceries now but only in certain parts of the USA.
Whatever next ?

no-nem

Migros too expensive. Dolmus fare is only 2.5ytl each way to Tansas, Migros.
Might as well get the dolmus, which stops outside, and spend the 10ytl you save, on 5 bottles of efes to drink when you get home.

Last edited:

ronzeus

Time is precious when people are on holiday for a week or two no-nem.I think
she is suppling a great service cheaply.

no-nem

Some of the fun of being on hol. is to have a snout round the local supermkt and try and test new things. How can someone know what they want if they cannot see the offers? If it is a case of omo,cornflakes, bread & milk ok, but I still stick to my beliefs that people like to go to the shops and choose their food stuffs themselves. The only way I can see this as a 'goer' is if this entrepreneur says...ok, I will bring to your house on the day of your arrival, a sensational selection of Turkish foodstuffs, (with easy and translatable cooking instructions) that will tantalise and enthrall you for your holiday stay. That might work with one or two punters but otherwise I just cannot see the point, and to be honest, many takers: Make it original, and worth the clients while to use the service for excitement value, or they may as well drink the Efes!

Last edited:

Mutley

I too think there's nowt better than mooching around the supermarket.Every time i go i find something different to try. Would rather spend 15ytl on some other luxury than waiting for my shopping to be delivered,plus while i'm there i usually come across the items i forgot to put on my list in the first place. :kafa:

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
What's the situation regarding a Work Permit and Commercial Insurance for her vehicle?

If you are on a one / two week holiday in a place you may never have been to before how the hell do you know what you want from a shop you have never been to, and if you have been to it you would get enough provisions to last your stay surely, none starter me thinks but good luck.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Well, I would pay for it. I used to use online ordering from Tesco, Argos Curries etc etc in UK.
Migros in Fethiye started home delivery with online ordering, but after 9 months I was the only person in the town using it, so it stopped.
I don't get any amusement or cultural boost out of general shopping - one toilet roll is much like another. I am also very happy to browse around shops for one-off items. Let someone else carry the bulky stuff, the boring stuff and the heavy stuff; when I want a new toothbrush I will browse endlessly myself.
Bring it on, I will be the first customer in Fethiye.
Ian

no-nem

Yeah but if you shopped online, not being one who would do this, but surely you must have a list in which to select your goods from? How many holiday makers have the internet ın their hol. home? I doubt this is on offer here. by the way.....By the Time this person gets to Fethiye from Kusadasi, your bill may well be a lot bigger!! agree....non starter! I re-iterate make it EXCİTİNG & ORİGİNAL!

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
But you are assuming this is just for holiday makers.

Ian

Mutley

:hmm: :eek:hwell: So what happens if your usual brand or item was not in stock?Do you get an alternative,and if so and your not happy with that item ,then surely you will still have to trek back to the shops......or are returns part of the service too.

Guz1

I would use this type of service maybe once a week or once a fortnight for "heavy" shopping such as detergents, shampoo, floor cleaner, etc. Even a few yards can seem like a mile when you are carrying heavy shopping bags in searing heat. Much rather sit on the terrace with a cool drink and let someone else do the donkey work.

ronzeus

Thank you Guz1 .This was purely an informitive post for anyone wanting to use it. KKOB this is a Tukish citizen who also has her own business.

Kusann

Its a service if you don`t want to use it don`t but maybe for someone who has not got transport and having to carry heavy bags from the dolmus stop which could be quite a walk in this heat.
How many bags can you carry in one go???? so it`s not 1 domus fare but maybe 2 or 3 if you add that up 15 lira is not a bad price.

Last edited:

Sniffy

Debs
I agree with immac, my time in turkey is precious - if I could order online before leaving the UK the food could be there within an hour or 2 of me getting to my apt all the better! I am a useless shopper and dawdle around then get harrassed and crabby for wasting my relaxing time looking for kitchen roll and toothpaste. For 15ytl I would sign up!

Andy

Not everyone speaks Turkish not even a little.
When i was last in Alanya i had a job to read
what i was getting and couldn't ask so it was
take your pick time.
No i would rather spend my time exploring my
surroundings and get to know the place rather
than spend an hour or two shopping.
Some people live up in the hills which must be
hell to carry bags of shopping up.

I'm sure she'll do quite well & good luck to her.

my god i wish there had been something like that 2 years ago when we were out in the sticks in Konaklı.
i think its a good idea and i hope she will do well.

no-nem

Ron, if you had said from the outset that this person wasa Turkish citizen, I may not have got my baseball bat out so quickly! I therefore eat a little humble pie(got from Migros for 15ytl) as I do get very upset about illegals who set up here,and know the law, but choose to abuse the country of Turkey and it's people, by doing any old business they please illegally, whilst leaving the rest of us to have to pay our way.
So Ron, good luck to her.....(still don't think it will work though).

Latest Posts

Top Bottom