tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
Shirley's lessons - where do I look please?
Hi, been using TLF for a while now and just recently read about Shirley's language lessons and would like to know more. Where are they posted - in the same sub-forum each time? Is it on a regular basis/day of week or just ad hoc? I would like to see what I've been missing so need to know where to look/trawl through. Started using a basic CD since I got back a week ago - walking in and out of rooms talking to myself!
Many thanks, Carol x

Lesley T

What do you reckon to those CDs Carol? WAS bought one for Christmas and haven't used it yet!

LezliG

Carol, Shirley's lessons are here :

Learn a Turkish Word a Day - Turkish Living Forums

I've found them really useful.

Lesley, I've got both the Linguaphone PDQ course and the Teach Yourself Turkish Conversation CDs, and found the latter to be easier to get on with. They cover some of the grammer as well, but they make it easier to understand than the Linguaphone course.

Lesley

tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
Lesley T - sorry for delay in replying, been having problems posting but have been advised what to do now. I am using a very basic CD which came with a Collins Gem Turkish phrasebook for £7 (gave the phrasebook to a Turkish neighbour as he seemed impressed with it). The CD has gaps for you to repeat afterwards. I think they are all the same - it is a case of having the motivation to keep going. I have been given the Linguaphone set and have borrowed the Teach Yourself...book from the library.

Lesley, I like the layout of the teach yourself book (don't have the CD so can't compare). I took a few turkish lessons at the Didim Language Centre - it reminded me of how you learnt french at school (I, we, he/she, you, we plural, they...with the 'stem' of the word staying the same - it seems a case of learning the endings and remember which one you use). I saw a post by Shirley called Get your ends on so I will have to find that one to see if w=she meant the above. Therefore, I think the Teach Yourself book will be good for refreshing my memory of what I was taught.

Lesley T, I have been looking in the bookshops and then looking on Amazon but if you can borrow from the library beforehand even better.
Best of luck, Carol x

Hi Carol..yes its mostly down to getting the right ends on..and word order in a sentence.
there are a lot of sticking points for us when learning and these two are top of the tree.
İ saw a quote somewhere ''if you want to learn Turkish you must learn the suffixes'' its hard work but well worth it ..so keep going and suddenly it clicks in.

Sailor

Still at sea but just starting a months leave.Going to Kusadasi for 3 weeks. Usually a month but wife wants to spend time with me at home before I go back.But the question I want to ask is has anybody bought the Turkish lessons on MP3 player off E Bay? Would like to learn the language in spare time at sea so the internet is not a option.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom