icebern09

Fighting "The Beast"
Shaking in me boots
Im sitting here (UK) with my 18 year old Grand daughter and s******g myself.
Hubby is on nights so we are alone, and just heard that an armed robber has escaped from the police earlier by taking their car, held up another person and pinched his car, then abandoned that in our town.....just down the road from us. The helicopter has been around since 6.o.clock tonight and is still circling above us.

I have battoned down the hatches, locked all doors and windows, (not that that will hold against a shot gun) and putting on a brave face for my Grand daughters sake.
What a b****y night.:alien:

The BBC have just made it official by naming our town on the ten o clock news.
Its a bit disconcerting, this is only a small town.

will keep you posted

Last edited:

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Shaking in me boots
OMG Lesley, as long as you have everything all locked up i'm sure you will be ok. I'll bet it's not long before they find him.

Jeannie

Tess

Shaking in me boots
Ahh Lesley, keep strong, the chances of him being close by with all that activity - remote, I know that will not be enough to settle your mind but you have your house all locked up and you are inside and safe, try to relax hon, wish we could do something to help. The helicopter can pick up activity by heat so they will be well on top of it and I would imagine the police will not be going anywhere for a while.

Ava

Shaking in me boots
We were broken in to years ago (New years Day,the burglars had been watching our
house for days) and both kids were terrified every time they heard a sound outside, our solution we put the music on and had a party. It was only the four of us but we had a good time and forgot what was happening outside.

Why not give it a try if music is not your thing try charades or a good old fashioned card game if all else fails watch big brother with the sound up!

pebble

Shaking in me boots
EGADS,.. hope all is well with you, be sure to tell us what the outcome was. be strong.

icebern09

Fighting "The Beast"
Shaking in me boots
Thank you all for your kind thoughts last night.

Pleased to tell you that the man was found and re-arrested just before six o clock this morning so panic over thank goodness.

We can come out from under the duvets now.:24:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Shaking in me boots
So glad to hear all ended well Lesley, I usually find that in a crisis wine does help, lol, but that was some hell of a night for you both.

Lesley

icebern09

Fighting "The Beast"
Shaking in me boots
Hi Lesley,

The local news station has pictures of him being arrested, we are waiting for it to come on in a bit. I know that my Grand- daughter will feel better for seeing it.

Shaking in me boots
I was working VERY close to you last night, and heard the helicopter. Only found out why this morning when the day staff came in and told me all about it! Saying that all the roads had been closed off. Glad to hear that you're OK.

icebern09

Fighting "The Beast"
Shaking in me boots
I was working VERY close to you last night, and heard the helicopter. Only found out why this morning when the day staff came in and told me all about it! Saying that all the roads had been closed off. Glad to hear that you're OK.

I was just going to ask how you knew where I was:dooh

Latest Posts

Top Bottom