giglets

Shaded side of valley in winter
Hi folks,

We are looking to buy a villa in Uzumlu shortly and have already seen a few beauties.
But, we were warned not to buy on the side of the valley which suffers from most of the mountains' shadows in winter, as they see very little sun and are consequently bloody cold for most of that season!
Any truth in this ??

giglets

Sorry - should have been more specific.

We have only seen Uzumlu in spring and summer, so do not know which side [north, south, east or west] is most badly affected by winter shade.
I am hoping for some good local advice, please.

Cheers

Peregrine

Sorry - should have been more specific.

We have only seen Uzumlu in spring and summer, so do not know which side [north, south, east or west] is most badly affected by winter shade.
I am hoping for some good local advice, please.

Cheers

ah, so now you want to know which is the side to avoid!

sorry cant help there (brain fogged from fencing with moonbeam) but it still sounds like good advice

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Yes, this is true. As you drive in from Fethiye, the areas to your right that are tight to the hill will have no sun after 14.00 in the winter. I think the same is true for any of the property on northerly slopes. Obviously property out in the open is not a problem.
Yes, it is very cold up there in winter, this is the trade off for having cooler summers.
Ian

giglets

Thanks for that Ian. Just what we wanted to know!
Peregrine, thanks for the poetic flourish - no help at all, but entertaining all the same!

Yes, this is true. As you drive in from Fethiye, the areas to your right that are tight to the hill will have no sun after 14.00 in the winter. I think the same is true for any of the property on northerly slopes. Obviously property out in the open is not a problem.
Yes, it is very cold up there in winter, this is the trade off for having cooler summers.
Ian

This is very true, one of the best constructed sites in the village is MITAS Üzümlü a really well constructed complex, I would say the best in the village but because of it's location it has for the 4 years I have been there stood more or less unoccupied, such a shame because as I say it is an excellently constructed site and all because of it's location.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
If you go onto GoogleEarth there's a feature that allows you to see how the shade moves across the landscape throughout the day at any time of the year.

Last edited:

giglets

Thanks for all your replies.
Have also been PM'd.
KKOB will try GE shortly.

Cheers

Peregrine

Thanks for that Ian. Just what we wanted to know!
Peregrine, thanks for the poetic flourish - no help at all, but entertaining all the same!

true, no help at all. But dont you find a lot of posts are like that? just fluff

giglets

Could be!

You may think that, but I couldn't possibly comment!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom