suzyq

SGK approves regulation allowing private hospitals to charge 200 pct in extra fees
The Social Security Institution (SGK) has approved a regulation that will increase the percentage of extra fees charged by private health institutions from 90 to 200 percent.

The regulation, which was prepared at the beginning of October by health officials, was passed by the SGK on Tuesday. Releasing a statement to health institutions on the same day, the SGK stated that the institutions can increase the maximum fee charged for a service to 200 percent of the standard fee.

Within the scope of the new regulation, around 1,200 Class A health institutions will charge their patients with the maximum in extra fees.

SGK approves regulation allowing private hospitals to charge 200 pct in extra fees - Today's Zaman, your gateway to Turkish daily news

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
SGK approves regulation allowing private hospitals to charge 200 pct in extra fees
What does this mean in practice?

Ian

What does this mean in practice?

Ian
Hi İan this will be in line with Health Tourism that Turkey is busily promoting
its big business ... also people with an SGK insurance schemes have been able to get reduced fees at many private hospitals . this is likely to push many towards treatment in State hospitals.
As usual its all as clear as mud the statement by the Zaman was notable for lack of clarity

We were thinking of taking this insurance out do you think its a waist now???? I am a bit lost with it !! thanks xx

C

ChristineP

Hi İan this will be in line with Health Tourism that Turkey is busily promoting
its big business ... also people with an SGK insurance schemes have been able to get reduced fees at many private hospitals . this is likely to push many towards treatment in State hospitals.
As usual its all as clear as mud the statement by the Zaman was notable for lack of clarity

So they want to promote Health Tourism by encouraging private hospitals to double the cost of treatment? I thought the main reason people used this was because of the lower cost compared with the UK (or wherever). It sounds like it will be cheaper to go private back home in future!

Kingfisher

I would hope this means that they are not allowed to charge more than double?

For example, last year 2 foreigners sprained their ankles on separate incidents in Cappadocia. One went to Urgup State hospital, paid 15,50 TL entry and 17 TL for consultation and X-rays. The other one (a Swiss tourist with travel insurance) went to a private clinic in Nevsehir and paid 1500 TL for exactly the same treatment.

teresa

Free Thinker
From my own personal experience if you go anywhere with insurance you will pay more. My car in the Uk was repaired at huge, unnecessary cost as was a double glazed window. It would have been much cheaper without insurance. Hence the huge premiums we pay.

Management Scheme

Health tourism is one of the fastest growing industries worldwide and even though the plan is to increase fees Turkey is still at the present time cheaper than other countries including the Uk.

when the SGK scheme started almost two years ago the pm himself said he would penalise hospitals that accepted patients with the SGK insurances and then charged more than the % agreed by the government...many private hospitals dont treat patients with SGK insurance

however i think since Health Tourism obviously doesn't come under the SGK insurance though health services are governed by the dept. then maybe the hospitals which are inviting Health Tourism will have a different set of fees...and will not be bound by the agreed % for foreign patients.
but the reports so far are as you would expect when big money is involved to be ambiguous.

THY have extended their flights into Asia and Africa in line with the increase of advertising of health services

Latest Posts

Top Bottom