Manda

Sewage & drainage charges
Our builders have added a charge on the bills of all of the residents of their sites for sewage & drainage. Everyone says they have never had this charge before.
The builders say that these charges are new.
I just wanted to know if anyone knows if this is the case, or if the charges have been around for a long time & may have previously been covered by our maintenance.
Just want to make sure that the builders aren't adding this charge separately as a backhanded way of collecting more maintenance.
I may just be being cynical.....

Thanks for any help anyone can give me on this.

Philogic

Hi Amanda, just back from Side, missed you again!.
On our site we pay our own water charges, clean water is metered and paid to the Beledeyisey [wrong spelling] office on the left on the road towards the old town.
Dirty water, sewage etc, is paid in an office in Sorgon, I went there last year to set up an account.
regards Phil

Ilica Park

The view is fantastic !!!
Hi Manda

I don't really know the answer to your question but I have never let that stop me from replying to a post :heh:

I would have thought that water and sewerage charges would always have been paid for any property. The fact that you have not been made aware of them before would suggest that these have been included in the maintenance charges before and are now the builder has decided to itemise them separately. If this is the case then you would either expect a reduction in the maintenance charges or have to accept that you maintenance charges have just gone up by the value of the water and sewerage charges you are now having to pay in addition to the maintenance.

You are quite right to seek clarification of this and I would have through that the builder should be able to tell you how these additional charges were covered before. :cheers:

Els

Hi Manda,
We are in our third property in the Side, Ilica area, and have always paid water/sewerage charges directly to Ilica belediye, so unless the builder is now going to pay this on your behalf you may be right in thinking this way.

Ilica Park

The view is fantastic !!!
Hi Els

Are you paying water/sewerage charges for Ilica Park or are you talking about another property?

How much are these charges on an annual basis?

Els

The amounts we have had to pay in the past have always been small. Our use of clean water was always metered before, and if you are there only for holidays the cost is negligible, maybe 75ytl per year. In Colakli the sewage was included in the council tax, but that too was just a few lira per year. I will find out next time we are there how it works at Ilica Park.

Manda

We are being asked for £62 a year each apartment for sewage which seems quite expensive. Does this sound about right to anyone who has been paying?

Sorry we missed you Phil!! Next time you come out we will have to arrange a time & a place to meet beforehand.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom