ezhik

Setup direct debit online for water bill.
I wonder if anyone has come across this before and can help. I'm using Garanti bank online system to set up my water bill direct debit and where it asks for the Abone number I enter my number say '12345', and then get a message saying that it should be 10 characters.

I think I should just precede my 5 digits with 5 zeros, but wanted to ask if anyone has done knows this for sure that is correct. On my water bill there is also a 5 digit 'Sicil' number, and I'm thinking maybe this should be used too to make up the 10 characters.

So if anyone has already been there and done that with this it would be useful to know! Otherwise I think I'll I'll have to call into the bank, and would rather do it without if I can.

Thank you.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
I have just had a look at mine on Garanti and it is just 8 numbers (Fethiye Su), the first three of which are "000".
If you phone the help line they will do this for you, but remember to ask them to look back to deal with outstanding debts otherwise they will just pay the next bill and your current bill will not be paid.

Ian

ezhik

Thank you for looking. Maybe each area has a different number of digits? When I enter Didim Su into the Garanti utility payment section it asks for 10 digits, but anyway you've confirmed what I was expecting, just to add leading zeros.

I've paid the current bill, so I'm setting this up to cover future ones. I must say I'm impressed with Garanti's on-line banking, it puts the UK banks to shame.

Your reply was much appreciated.

biggles

biggles
anyone got any idea how to phone akbank internet banking dept from the uk ?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom