Status
Not open for further replies.

YogiPJ

services/advice free or Paid?
Hi

We have finally arrived in Turgutreis. Its now time to start looking for a job :) Can anybody help?

I am willing to turn my hand to most things (within reason). I am happy to do airport transfers, helping people out with e-mails etc. (I will not close any doors on anything so am happy to listen to offers) I am very good with people and can drive (although I am not 100% familiar with the Peninsula yet but I am working on it)

We are both not intending to work any more than 3 days per week so I am not looking for work in a full time capacity, probably about 10-15 hours per week

Please can you e-mail me or call me on 05387 402498 if you know of anything

Lorraine

stoop

Re: Work wanted around Bodrum Peninsula

I think it's illegal to work without a work permit and that they are pretty hard to get hold of.

Good luck anyway. I hope you find something.

Stoop

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed

Welcome to the "Need Job? Get a Work Permit! Need a Work Permit? Get a Job!" Loop

Don't even consider doing airport transfers without a Work Permit. After you've been seen there a couple of times you'll get pulled and questioned by the Polis or Jandarma and possibly Tursab too. Tursab are the governing body for all things regarding travel regulations etc. and are responsible for the issuing and checking of licences for travel and transfer companies. The vehicle you're driving could get impounded. Scary eh ?

pebble

Good luck Lorraine....
what did you do back home?

I heard that TURSAB is going to crack down on transfers, or rather people doing them, they are going to require that you have your tour operators license.....

Let's try to put our heads together and think of things that you could do.......

I;ll start thinking of things and let you know when i see you tomorrow.....
wish you spoke turkish.....

thurstan

Pete and Lorraine

I have sent you a pm

Thurstan

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE

Just be very careful about working as transfer rep- my friend got caught & was deported !!! Scary !!

YogiPJ

Thanks for your advıce. I have no ıntentıon of workıng wıthout a work permıt. We are startıng a busıness and wıll be extremely careful to stıck wıthın the law. Also we mıght employ some Turkısh employees.
Thanks agaın
Lorraıne

Liz K

If you go directly to the tour operators, they may be able to help about transfers and should also be able to sort out the relevant paper work. They may even have office work available. Mytravel, First Choice and Thomsons all have offices in the Bodrum area.

Good Luck!

out of intrest couldn't you take on seasonal work for a british company for now?
ie pay tax in the uk?
paul

LivingInTheSun said:
Hi

We have finally arrived in Turgutreis. Its now time to start looking for a job :) Can anybody help?

I am willing to turn my hand to most things (within reason). I am happy to do airport transfers, helping people out with e-mails etc. (I will not close any doors on anything so am happy to listen to offers) I am very good with people and can drive (although I am not 100% familiar with the Peninsula yet but I am working on it)

We are both not intending to work any more than 3 days per week so I am not looking for work in a full time capacity, probably about 10-15 hours per week

Lorraine

So you are familiar with the area and can give 100% only as long as it does not take more than 10 - 15 hours per week ! !

starman

work permit is only valid for the job you apply for and no other work. if caught expect a huge fine or deportation.

YogiPJ

friar tuck said:
So you are familiar with the area and can give 100% only as long as it does not take more than 10 - 15 hours per week ! !

Again Cliff, you seem to be replying to me for a post Lorraine has made. I guess you also failed to note the date of the post was almost 3 months ago.

We have made a decision to work 2 or 3 days per week. We will only take on sufficient clients to fill those 2 or 3 days & yes we will give 100% to them.

Does that upset you Cliff?

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM CLIFF ?

Pete

It only upsets me because I have seen people ccome and go and in there wake leave people stranded. I intend to move to Turkiye in 2 years time and set up a buisness which I am looking in to now not when I move out there I will then gat a solicitor an accountant and formulate a buisness plan and I will not tout for work on Turkish Forums and make stupid staements like we intend to employ some Turkish people. You should live in the real world and yes 3 months old more than enough time to learn the lanuage the real estae laws and of course build up plenty of contacts. NOT.
What will happen with this thread will you also ask Gail to close it. If you cant stand the heat you should not be in the kitchen !!!

YogiPJ

Cliff.

1. I am not here touting for business. I posted originally to ask for feedback. I got feedback but you seem to be trying to turn it into a vendetta against me.
2. I will not be leaving anyone stranded in my wake. Since we have been here we have spoken to several people who have been ripped off & lost a lot of money. The intention of our service is to try to make more people aware of the risks & prevent it happening to a few.
3. I have an accountant and a solicitor. We have sufficient funds to give us time to set up a business whilst we are here & am very pleased that we waited as we have learned so much more since actually living here.
4. What do you find stupid about Lorraine saying that we may employ someone?
5. As I have already stated twice, we are learning the language (and have been for 9 months). It will obviously take a lot of time before we become fluent, if ever. We have never claimed to be fluent in Turkish, nor to know all the real estate laws, nor to completely know the area. BUT I'm sure we know a darned site more than a lot of poeple who come here on a 2 week holiday & end up losing their life savings. If we can stop that happening to just 1 person, then I will be well pleased.
6. I did not ask Gail to close the previous thread.

Pete

Last edited:

I do not have a problem with you I have never met you so how can I have a problem with you. I do have a problem with people who want to get rich quick at the exspense of others. I also do not think that this forum is a palce to tout for buisness a few months a go you were willing to help people "email" or do airport transfers sounds like you have PLENTY of funds to start up a buisness. The previous thread was closed by Gail after you saying Ithink this thread should be closed now and hey presto.

6. I did not ask Gail to close the previous thread.

I've closed it for you Pete I think your integrity is still in tact. see you next month and give my love to Lorraine Gail

Nice bit of moderating me thinks

Last edited:

starman

er have i missed something or is working illegally still going to be an option?

Oh and Pete you would not be a proprty developer yourself would you I mean you will act for people without any biased you would be completely independant.

Susan

Non Active Member

LivingInTheSun said:
Hi

Lorraine

This I do not believe, after reading your web site and the service you are offering and then seeing this post only posted on April 18th and you have now got a company up and running in Turkey the only thing is you have forgotten to state what your companies name in Turkey is.

You are processing to know everything there is regarding buildings and electricity work. But appear to have no qualifications in either, that is what you stated in your other post Pete, before you got it closed.

You also state about Spain and the building there, have you ever worked or lived in Spain?

Lorraine have you got a sister Audrey who I met in Spain as you look awfully like her.

Susan

jcrian

Pete, being a builder in th UK one thing that I cannot understand about building in Turkey is when it is stated that the property will be built with a damp proof course.

I cann't see how they can build a damp proof course into the concrete framework. Yes they can put a dpc under the fill in bricks between the concrete pillars.

Unless it is through the whole structure it is useless.

Perhaps you could enlighten me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom