lara

Sense of humour
I think my sense of humour is really good, but sometimes lost on some people.....................see,lol.

My favourite comedians are Peter Kay, Eddie Izzard, Frankie Boyle and of course, Billy Connely.

I love humour thats observational but also near the knuckle.

My best joke; What do you call a little woman.................................Dot

Who are your favourite comedians and why?

juco

Sense of humour
Until you can get someone who is into comedy and can give you a sensible answer I will start the ball rolling by saying "my favourite comedian is Gordon Brown"

Sorry :) couldn`t resist the temptation.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Sense of humour
I love the simple humour of Tommy Cooper, his one liners were very funny. Max Miller, Laurel and Hardy, just funny slapstick humour. More up to date definitely Peter Kay, Jo Brand, Jimmy Carr, and my favourite of all is the sketches that is Little Britain, I first listened to them on Radio, Matt Lucas and David Wallliams are so talented, there are loads of characters I love in there, we saw them live in Blackpool, and it was fantastic. They're not to everyones' taste, but each to their own, they make me laugh out loud.

Lara, why don't you join us Golden Girls, we have our very own forum with some light hearted threads, it does help if you, like us, are barking mad, lol. It all helps to lighten the load of this stressful life. Laughter is a great healer.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Sense of humour
My favorite was Dave Allen .. Jim Davidson ..old Max Miller video's Everything had two meanings .. also like Lilly Savage ......Diane

Sense of humour
Bill Hicks ... if you've never heard of him, go have a look ...

[ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9hbdq_bill-hicks-positive-drug-story_fun"]Dailymotion - Bill Hicks - Positive Drug Story - a Funny video@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x9hbdq@@AMEPARAM@@x9hbdq[/ame]
(warning: contains strong language and independent opinions)

and any of the guys below:

R-1377497-1214324653.jpeg

If anyone has a copy, let me know :)

There's a few I still didn't get ... well, I was 11 ...

Last edited:

saffie

Saffie
Sense of humour
I think my sense of humour must be the same as yours Lara.

Billy Connolly just always cracks me up and Peter Kay is hilarious.

My adult kids and I like to go to the Comedy Clubs when I am back in the UK for a night out- a great place to see up and coming new talent "cutting their teeth" and we always find it good fun.

Catherine Tate makes me laugh with her acute sense of observation and I gravitate towards any comedian with that cutting edge kind of humour. Her depiction of the terrible Nan has me doubled up in fits and I swear she had been studying my own Nan.

Saffie

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Sense of humour
chubby brown, bernard manning, rick mayall and crew, rhod gilbert, did like peter kay but his exposure means he needs new material (imo)

martin

Saoirse

Top Poster Of Month
Sense of humour
It just goes to show how "personal" ones sense of humour is

One mans meat etc.

Some of those listed here I find about as funny as piles but thats why we are all different

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Sense of humour
It just goes to show how "personal" ones sense of humour is

One mans meat etc.

Some of those listed here I find about as funny as piles but thats why we are all different

who are yours then Phillip, i agree its definitely horses for courses

martin

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Sense of humour
I used to crack up at Tommy Cooper and the SLITHER MAN, SOOOOO FUNNY.

Jeannie

val2661

Sense of humour
Have always loved Billy Connolly, and used to love Frank Skinner. Years ago highlight of my year was to go to the Edinburgh Festival and see all the 'new' comedians. Love Alan Carr, but can't stand Jimmy Carr. I have always hated slapstick and pathos, so can't stand Charlie Chaplin, Jerry Lewis or Norman Wisdom.

Val

McDHibs

Sense of humour
Frankie Boyle is the funniest of the new breed his comment that "if Susan Boyle was the last woman on earth he would use her as bait to attract a wild animal" made me ache with laughter. But The Monty Python Gang will always crack me up no matter how many times I watch the films.

Mike

giglets

Sense of humour
Frankie Boyle is the funniest of the new breed his comment that "if Susan Boyle was the last woman on earth he would use her as bait to attract a wild animal" made me ache with laughter. But The Monty Python Gang will always crack me up no matter how many times I watch the films.

Mike

Spot on, McDHibs!

Billy Connolly, Frankie Mason, George Carlin and Robin Williams all get my vote, as well.

Also, any new comedian who kicks the present "pc" culture into the long grass!!

Dave

icebern09

Fighting "The Beast"
Sense of humour
At present my favourite is Lee Evans, (yes even with the sweat) and what a lovely voice.

My favourite clean jokes :

Two old ladies overheard on a bus "so what does C & A stand for anyway" says the first lady " Coats n Ats" says the second.

Young woman takes her old maiden aunt out for a car ride, the old lady gets a bit agitated as she watches her niece change the gears. So she says "Look you keep both hands on the steering wheel and I will stir the petrol "

bebs

Sense of humour
Has to be Billy Connoly , loved his tours on tv, Saw him live once in Dublin cried laughing ..................Bebs:smile:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom