sending things to turkey.
so for things like books, clothes and so on...Sweets would be ok to send aswell wouldn't they? just that someone told me that think they wouldn't get there as they do not let certain food items in the country.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Small packets of sweets shouldn't be a problem. Best to use Jiffy-type, padded envelopes for that kind of thing

As thingthong says (I wouldn't want to try saying that after a couple of drinks :wink:) Post Office is good for small packets.

thingthong

Has kkob says best to use jiffy bags for packing and i also use registered post ,so has i can track the package all the way to turkey and not once has anything gone missing,should that happen you can then make a claim.
All the best ,thingthong.

I sent a biggish box once to a Turkish friend and it got there ok. It was one of the boxes you buy at the post office, mind you it was sent to a hotel

louise17

my family send clothes, sweets, packet sauces in a box from UK to turkey, they go to the post office & pay for it to be tracked, costs about 3.50 - 4,00 pounds but it has always arrived & as previous post has said it is insured for up to 39pounds. Only things that have gone missing have been cards sent individually, no value but lost somewhere along the way!
Louise

What are Jiffy bags, are they just like padded envelopes?.
I have sent cards and they have always been recieved luckily! :)

thingthong

Padded envelopes with air bubbles,they come in all sizes and help protect whatever you are sending...............

traveller

so for things like books, clothes and so on...Sweets would be ok to send aswell wouldn't they? just that someone told me that think they wouldn't get there as they do not let certain food items in the country.

Friends sent us a box containing sweets and xmas decorations just normal post and it arrived intact. Yes, letters and cards do go missing on occasion. And I would recommend recorded delivery for anything of value.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom