herladyship

Selling property
Hi all, I see there are plenty of guides on how to buy property in Turkey, but could anyone explain to me the steps I would need to take to sell my property, and the rough costs involved? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Harem

I've cliqued
Selling property
We had an apartment in Tasyaka (Fethiye) which we wanted to sell. We placed the details with all the emlaks we could find - and some who found us. We also put the details and photographs in several restaurants/cafes and the hotel where it all started for us!! The buyer was someone who stayed at the same hotel. We gave two of the hotel employees 1.5% commission each for their efforts to sell the apartment. Apart from that, we only paid our half of the tax at the tapu office, the purchaser paying for the notary and translator (I don't know if this is usual or not). The translator did a lousy job and because our purchaser was a Turkish national (living in England) who spoke fluent English he wasn't really necessary. (All he did was tell us that we were selling our apartment to the person who was buying it and for how much money!!!!!) The emlaks didn't make any charges. Hope this helps and good luck with your sale.

traveller

Selling property
Thanks for that post Herladyship, I was going to ask the very same question. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has done the whole process themselves, ie without an emlak / lawyer etc. I know a translator is required and probably a noter, but what about drawing up a contract and applying for the military permissions if your buyer is a foreigner. Anyone bin there dun that?

Also Harem, what does the notary charge, is it a percentage of the monies to be paid for the property?

Harem

I've cliqued
Selling property
Hi Traveller. Sorry, I haven't a clue how much the Notar charged as the purchaser paid that fee, as well as the translator. He complained bitterly about the translator's fee because it was quite extortionate and especially as the translator only told us that we were selling our apartment and how much for - which we already knew!! Our purchaser was a Turkish person who lives and works in England and speaks fluent English!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom