elaine k

self catering apartments in yalikavak
I am considering visiting Yalikavak this summer and have found two self catering apartments that interest me. One of these is Cimentepe and the other is Mer-can. I would like to know if anybody knows anything about these apartments, for example in reality are they close to supermarkets for shopping, or near the beach. and when they say close to centre, how close is close, I dont fancy lugging half ton weights of shopping around. I am looking for a fly and flop base where i can get a feel of Yalikavak and sit on a balcony at night playing cards and watching sunsets. Thanks in advance for any information.

tomc1984

Cimentepe is lovely, just been refurbished too. Has it's own fish restaurant if you like that sort of thing and is surrounded by same, there is a shop just outside for basics. On seafront but not really beach and is about a 30 minute walk into centre of Yalikavak, there is however a taxi rank right outside and not much to go into town, plus you could maybe walk to Migros supermarket, about 20 mins. do your shopping and there is a taxi rank outside there too. Suleyman the manager is really nice, give him my regards if you go.

OWENA

Friends of ours stayed at Mer-can last year and were pleased with it. We visted them there, and the apartment was lovely and clean with everythng you would need. Right on the seafront and just a short stroll into town. Also, Ali babas is now there too I believe. Cat be bad!

james fowler

Retired to Yalikavak
Before purchasing our house last year we spent 7 happy years staying at the Mercan story it is right on the beach & a easy 2 minute stroll to the centre of Yalikavak. It now has a fine restaurant of its own + is surrounded by other good restaurants & bars. We do not know the Cimentepe but have heard good things about it allthough it is a way out of the village so we would certainly reccomend the Mercan. Whatever you decide enjoy your time in Yalikavak you could not have chosen a better place to visit.

I have recently discovered Sandima 37 Suites,it is highlighted on "wikimapia.org".It is on the main road down into Yalikavak on the left hand side.You can just "google" sandima37suites to get info.You can also do the same for "idyllvillas".There both "boutique" style self catering apartments/villas
a bit expen. but look v.good.Have a great time in Yalikavak ......Serefe!!!

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
The Mercan is in a great location, if you want to be near all amenities + it's very clean and comfortable, with seaviews. Our family stayed there in May this year and Ishan the manager looked after all their needs, the Ali Baba Restaurant has moved there too, so you've got a fab restaurant right on your door step and, 3 Brothers is right next door. Just a nice 5 minute stroll and you're into the village, there is a Migros Supermarket on the new harbour, so if you got loaded up your taxi fare back would not cost much.

elaine k

Thanks for the tips and advice everyone who replied, I have just booked the Mer-can story. Flying out on the 15th of August, to arrive on the 16th for two weeks. Myself, my husband and daughter are really looking forward to it, started to think already of things I need to pack. Husband thinks I am silly to want to take a toaster out there.::slapme:. Anyway just cant wait till the day arrives for leaving.

miela

Im sure there will be a toaster in your apartment. The Mercan is quite spacious although has quite basic amenities I think the provision to make toast is probably there. Have a nice time. You will be right on the beach and they have a pool and a fantastic restaurant. Perfect. You could not wish for more.

elaine k

nope, no toaster, its always the one thing I miss on holiday, but not the end of the world,I am sure I will manage, I will struggle on somehow, husband will just have to nip out in the morning and get me some pastries to eat in bed instead, that will teach him to be mean about me packing a toaster!! Oh gosh, when I went for the day last August to Yalikivak I didnt check if there were any pastry shops, ah well if there isnt I will send him hunter gathering to gumbet or turgetreis, I know they have them there. Strangely enough they dont have a toaster in the apartments, but they have a tv, umm, dont think I have ever had a tv in a self catering apartment. Wonder whether the only channel in English is Euronews??

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
nope, no toaster, its always the one thing I miss on holiday, but not the end of the world,I am sure I will manage, I will struggle on somehow, husband will just have to nip out in the morning and get me some pastries to eat in bed instead, that will teach him to be mean about me packing a toaster!! Oh gosh, when I went for the day last August to Yalikivak I didnt check if there were any pastry shops, ah well if there isnt I will send him hunter gathering to gumbet or turgetreis, I know they have them there. Strangely enough they dont have a toaster in the apartments, but they have a tv, umm, dont think I have ever had a tv in a self catering apartment. Wonder whether the only channel in English is Euronews??

Yes there are some very nice pastry shops here in Yalikavak- I am sure you will enjoy your stay at the MerCan aparts -
If you have toast withdrawal symptoms you can always pop up the road to our restaurant and we can make as much as you like !
Also lovely bacon and sausage ( pork ) always available
Look forward to meeting you - dont forget TLF members recieve a 10 %
discount on all meals
:3:

Definately no toasters at the Mercan, but toast available left, right and centre at all the various restaurants round and about. Talking about toast leads me to breakfasts-should the desire come over you for a full English may I strongly recommend Our Secret Garden (out of The Mercan and turn right-follow your nose and you'll come to it in about 3 minutes.) June's breakfasts are in our opinion the very best in Yali. Enjoy your stay. Mercan is an extremely good choice, and ideally positioned for absolutely everything

PS: only one television at the Mercan. It seems to move from one appartment to another from time to time. Even if there was one in every appt; the reception is decidedly dodgy, and I can't imagine there being anything on you would want to watch. Much better things to view out and about. Further on the toast topic......it's not impossible to get a decent slice or 2 by using one of the hot plates. It has been done on a fair few occasions. Just keep a close eye on it

miela

You can buy a cheapy toaster in any of the supermarkets or electrical shops in yalikavak. From memory it will cost about a tenner. The Migros is on the road to Torba and they sell them.

elaine k

Thanks once again for all the information people, your are the fount of all knowledge. Now I know that there are full english breakfasts with real sausages available, and pastries I will pass on the toast, seems a bit dull now in comparison. My mouth is watering now thinking of those lovely big tomatoes that taste like tomatoes and not water, yummy. As for tv, not really that bothered, like I said thought it was odd that self catering had tv anyhow, that was more for the daughter, she will just have watch the sunsets with her mother and father, then play dominoes. Now that I am not going to take a toaster I can fit the double nines in, instead of the sixes:3:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom