s_pmac

Selam :-)
Hi everyone!

I work for a tour operator and am going to be living in the Mugla area between April and October and am intent on learning Turkish before I go and improving it while I'm there. I live in Norfolk and finding one to one or group lessons is proving difficult! I have books, apps and online tools but I think I personally would benefit more from face to face lessons. If anyone has any help or hints and tips about Mugla/Turkey in general then that would be great!

Thanks all :)

traveller

Hi s pmac welcome to the forum. As Bickern says Mugla is pretty big, covers Marmaris, Fethiye, possibly Bodrum (not sure on that). Shirleyannetr on here does some Turkish lessons you might want to have a look at.

Where ever you end up I hope you enjoy your time in Turkey.

Chinook

Do you mean Mugla the city ? if so Mugla these days is an expanding city with the university campus on the outskirts being the dominant influence . Because of the student population rents are quite high and many people live outside the town in the surrounding villages. Apart from day visits from tourists , usually on a Thursday when the huge bazaar is open and exchange students it is still very much a Turkish town and the use of English is not prevalent .It is of course the seat of the Provincial Governor. If your work is going to be mainly with foreign tourists then you may find that you have quite a bit of travelling to do - Marmaris eg is some 50+ km away. Good luck - if you enjoy the night life you'll fit as you would expect its vibrant and varied with a large student population.

s_pmac

Hi, sorry for taking so long to reply. I didn't get notification of any responses and haven't logged in for a few days. I say Mugla because I'm not sure of my exact location yet although it's hopefully going to be Marmaris. I did manage to find one local tutor here in Norfolk but it's so expensive. I'm still persevering with my language apps but then I got to thinking maybe there's someone in Marmaris who might be able to give me the odd lesson whilst I'm there. Does anybody have a name for someone who might be able to help?

I'm also starting the search for accommodation so I was wondering if anyone could recommend an agent or landlord who might have something available - I'll post this in the accommodation section as well. Both myself and a colleague are looking and we are hoping to find two one bedroom apartments in the same block or very close together. Again, any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks all :)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom