KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Seki Ski Resort Ready
According to a post on another forum, the Seki Ski Resort will be opening on 25th December.

dingbats

Seki Ski Resort Ready
So....more than a year since this last post.... does anyone have any up to date info on this little ski area? Does it exist? Is there any snow? Is there ski and boot hire?
Alternatively, are there any other ski areas in Western / Aegean Turkey?

teosgirl

Seki Ski Resort Ready
Hi,

There's one in Bozdag :
http://www.bozdagkayak.com/

I've visited. Not the prettiest ski resort (Uludag is much better, but much further away from the aegean coast) but worth a day or two exploring the mountain. I think there's only one or two slopes, so for beginners and intermediate skiiers and those hoping to learn snowboarding it's probably ok.

There's a cute little village and lake just as you reach the peak (after the winding road up the mountain) on the left. It's not on the way, but it's only a 20 minutes detour and it's very pretty.

Charlotte

jandale

Jan Dale
Seki Ski Resort Ready
Hi All. I have a villa in Seki which I bought purely for the wonderful views, mountains, walking and back to nature. The builders told me about the planned ski resort, but as time went by I accepted that this was never going to happen.
Imagine my surprise when I had a drive up the mountain in September 2010 to find a refurbished ski lodge with a resident caretaker/instructor. There was a cosy bar, dining area and kitchen facilities. There were also ski lifts under construction. Well to say I was gobsmacked is an understatement.

The caretaker showed us around the lodge, made us a coffee and then got some plans out which appeared to show that there's going to be budget accommodation built on the site. There's also a ski shop shown on the plans, so it all looks very promising.

So maybe that marketing literature describing ski in the morning and swim in the sea in the afternoon wasn't just marketing hype. What a great result for anyone who's invested in land or property in Seki. It'll never gain international status as a ski resort, but hey, what a great venue for people with young children who want to learn to ski at affordable prices. :3:

And to that end, my villa is available to rent for those who want a luxury experience encompassing, sea, snow, mountains and the real unspoiled Turkey.:ukflag:

teresa

Free Thinker
Seki Ski Resort Ready
Friends went about a month ago and did not exactly give a glowing report of the ski lodge facilities, perhaps they were unlucky on the day they went.

jandale

Jan Dale
Seki Ski Resort Ready
Its never going to be an internationally renowned ski resort, I don't think that was ever the intention. However, it's a great little facility for people living in the region, or for travellers who don't want luxury facilities or the prices that go with that.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom