Seeking Help with the Turkish post!!
Dear English speaking Turkish people,

First i would like to introduce myself as Khaled a last semester mechanical engineering student.

secondly, i will explain to you why i need help & the type of help i m seeking...about 2 months ago i ordered some parts for my graduation project to be delivered to where my brother stayed on his vacation in Istanbul but unfortunately the order took too much time & by the time it arrived in Istanbul my brother was on his way back home after wards i kept trying to find where my parcel at so i can send a friend or someone to collect it & this wasn't any easy for me as i failed every time i try to contact the turkish post (PTT) as they always reply in an awful & non helpful way until they sent me an email 3 weeks ago that my parcel is at an office called UKIM to be sent back to the sender so i was shocked & replied their email telling them to keep it until i collect it but they never replied also i tried calling the number attached more than 40 times but with no answer then i turned to a deep online searching for any help where some people sent me here & told me that some people here can speak English & they may help "hopefully"..

all what i need from any of you is a phone call for anywhere (that i don't know but some of you may know out of experience) who can tell you where my parcel is & another phone call to those who have my parcel telling them to keep it until i send someone to collect it & the place where they are.

I know it looks strange & awkward but only god knows how am i struggling with every minute passing as my deadline is closer than anyone thinks & i know nothing of the turkish language so if it won't bother you please do not hesitate also your fast reply will be much appreciated.

My Parcel number: EE186285574FJ

Here is a copy from the PTT's last email

"Sayın khaled loutfi,
İlgi : 2014-35071 Numaralı Info Başvurunuz,

on 15/04/14 Unsuccessful item delivery attempt by your post office.so they sent it UKİM ( uluslararası kargo işleme merkezi) for return FİJİ.you may connect to UKİM for receive it back.
UKİM phone number 02125676565
Siz Değerli müşterilerimizin görüşleri bizim için değerlidir.
Lütfen size verdiğimiz cevap ile ilgili değerlendirmenizi
aşağıdaki resme tıklayarak bildiriniz."

Sorry for making it so long & May god bless you all,
Regards,
Khaled

beyazbayan

Khaled where are you in Turkey? surely one of your fellow students would be the best person to help you as if you are studying engineering they will speak English.

unfortunately i m not turkish & i don't live in turkey at all neither study in turkey but it was just an option to order my parts there so my brother would get them along with him but it never happened that's why i m looking for someone who speaks turkish to help me...if you know anyone who is ready to help just send me their email & i ll be so much grateful :)

thanks for your attention Beyazbayan :)

beyazbayan

Khaled due to the problems with packages sent internationally İ don't think anyone will be able to help you. İt may be best t contact the PTT and have the parcel re-directed to your present address.

Carolyn

Where are you Khaled?

Why didn't you get the packages sent to the country you are in?

I ve known that parcels are facing problems recently but the problems are about collecting them so all what i asking for is to know where my parcel is & i ve already been contacting the PTT for more than a month until they sent me that last email i attached but also they never told me where my parcel is..

Carolyn right now i m in Egypt & the reason i didn't send it directly was the extremely high taxes i would have paid if i did :/

Khaled explained in his op that because his bro was in İstanbul on holiday he would get some stuff he needed for his course which was available here and sent to his brother..
unfortunately it wasn't delivered on time and his brother left istanbul..
and now the PO are saying they will return the parcel ..he cant get any real reply from the different office he has contacted and doesn't understand Turkish anyway
what he wants is for someone on the forum who could find out from the office where the parcel is and get it readdressed to him
the number to ring and the parcel number is included inhis mail
he is just asking help from someone it seems reasonable and if i lived in Istanbul i would find out where it was and send it to Khaled

Last edited:
Shirleyanntr thank you very much for your explanation which summed up my case just to make it easier i just need the helper to make a phone call to a place whom can tell him where my parcel is & then tell me the address of that place without bothering readdressing it to my place also to ask them not to send it back too for sure & i will manage collecting it if i knew where it is exactly.
its a matter of a couple of phone calls in Turkish language & that's it.

it's possible that the sender is not who he says he is and wants to locate a package of interest and importance belonging to someone else.
Find one of the many English speaking people in Egypt why doesn't he?.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
You should look at the Tracking Number either on PTT (Turkish Post) or on the company/Post Office that sent it. I have just looked and the parcel is in Istanbul with 26 entries against it, so they have been trying to deal with it.

PTT: ..:: PTT Genel Müdürlü?ü ::..

or PTT | Posta

look under "Kargom Nerede?" or "Postam Nerede?" depending which page you use.

Ian

Last few posts:

PTT İşyerine Teslim Edildi - İSTANBUL(AVR)(İSTANBUL UKİM/İSTANBUL UKİM)
24/04/2014 15:4 4:11
Teslim Edilemedi - İSTANBUL(AVR)(İSTANBUL UKİM/İSTANBUL UKİM)
24/04/2014 16:1 2:51
Torbaya Eklendi - İSTANBUL(AVR)(İSTANBUL UKİM/İSTANBUL UKİM)
25/04/2014 11:05:42
Gönderinin Geliş Kaydı Yapıldı - İSTANBUL(AVR)(İST.ULUSLARARASI PİM/İST.ULUSLARARASI PİM)
30/04/2014 19:2 9:15

PS
what he wants is for someone on the forum who could find out from the office where the parcel is and get it readdressed to him
the number to ring and the parcel number is included inhis mail
he is just asking help from someone it seems reasonable and if i lived in Istanbul i would find out where it was and send it to Khaled
PTT will not do any of this and may not even talk to a third party. Nobody can get to this parcel unless they are the named person or have POA, and PTT will not redirect it on the say-so of a stranger. Finding out where it is is the easy bit - a print out from Tracking will tell any PTT office exactly where it is.

It may be easiest to let it go back and start again.

Last edited:

beyazbayan

Sorry to be a party pooper but, İ live in Eygpt and want help in locating a package containing ???? from Turkey PTT. Get real folks it's another of the did you pack it yourself situations. Engineering departments the world over teach in English so no problem finding an English speaker and no doubt Eygpt has quite a few Turks as well who speak English. He may be a genuine and naive young man but those of us who have travelled the World know not to get involved that is unless you want you name listed at least and your underwear examined at best and lets be honest the searchers are usually very ugly in my experience.

Winslowdream that's why i attached a copy of their email to me & i m also ready to show any other guarantees for this who is willing to help beside my problem is not in english as you can see but it's with the turkish language as i can't respond or even understand them clearly!!

Immac I already been doing so since day one but the problem is that such a page is not english translated so i can't understand most of it so i can't get what the 26 entries you mentioned mean & if you could explain them for me this will be nice from you...

PTT will not deliver it for anyone but my brother whose name is listed on the parcel but i never asked for delivery just all what i ve been asking is locating it for me so it will be easier for my brother to collect it because he as well as me can't speak any turkish so he will be going for the place with his passport & the parcel number & that's it & if you say that where it is is the easy bit then i ll be so grateful if you can give me the address of the office which is located & their phone number & as you said no one will be able to collect it except its owner so no doubt about that..

unfortunately there is no enough time to start over again as the project deadline is on the first of june :)

beyazbayan your thoughts went very far away from reality...the package as i mentioned before contains some parts for my graduation project (electric motors & an electronic board) also i know i speak english very well but i know nothing in turkish so that's y i ve been looking for help as i surprisingly couldn't find any Turks in Egypt who can speak english & that's the second reason i m looking for help..more over its not an episode of "banged up abroad" so it will be like did you pack it yourself & so on as i clearly didn't ask anyone to collect, readdress, receive it or get involved with it by any mean its just a phone call to locate it for & my brother will go collect it & bring it home..

and for those who still think that i m not the real owner of the parcel, beside that the PTT wont give it except for the real owner i m also ready to show any kind of guarantees needed to prove that its my package for this one kind person who is willing to help

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Print out the Tracking details and take it into any PTT parcel office in Istanbul. I am sure they will understand and advise you.

Ian

val2661

Khalid, I am going to be blunt here, but if neither you nor your brother are in Istanbul, how on earth do you expect to take delivery of a parcel which is to be collected from a PTT there? Perhaps it is time to try and sort out this problem another way and order more equipment to be delivered to somewhere you can get access to it.

Val

Val2661 My brother is going to be there on the 20th of may but as a 3 hours transit on his way back from London so he needs me to be determined about the location as he will be able to go to 1 or 2 places at most & that's y i m asking for that phone call!!
ordering more parts is not an option as it will never be delivered on time beside the additional cost i ll be paying :)

tintagel

Val2661 My brother is going to be there on the 20th of may but as a 3 hours transit on his way back from London so he needs me to be determined about the location as he will be able to go to 1 or 2 places at most & that's y i m asking for that phone call!!
ordering more parts is not an option as it will never be delivered on time beside the additional cost i ll be paying :)

Really Khaled, I find it difficult to understand that neither you or your brother can find anybody in Egypt or London that speaks Turkish! (where you say your Brother is currently) - Crazy.........

hi Khaled ive rang the number you gave

UKİM phone number 02125676565

but theres no reply here..are you sure this is the right number...if you give me the number i will ring them

Latest Posts

Top Bottom