MollyB

security at apartments
Hi

We have a family owned appartment at Sunflower which unfortunately we have not used very much and therefore our knowledge of the complex and surrounding area is limited. As I hope to visit the appartment April/May I would appreciate a little advice as to whether there are many other residents at that time of year and is the resort open and busy? Many thanks

bebs

security at apartments
Re: security at appartments

hi and welcome to the forum ,sorry dont know where these apartments are-Bebs

Tess

security at apartments

Hi MollyB and a warm welcome to the forum, not sure where your apartment is Molly, I holiday in Altinkum too, April, May time is the beginning of the season, think there would be some folks there although June, July Aug etc would be much busier. I have been to the resort out of season when quiet and have to say I like either option. It is nice when not too hot to discover and walk more. All in all if you want to find your way around and get your bearings I think April, May is a good choice. Enjoy!!!

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
security at apartments

Welcome Mollyb, enjoy the forum.

Jeannie

MollyB

security at apartments
Hi Thanks for the replies and the welcome to the forum. From the information I have gathered Apr/May seems a nice time for my first visit...easyjet here I come! MollyB x

Modgirl

security at apartments
Hi Molly a warm welcome this is a great site and what you don't know you will find I am still finding my way around. We went to Altinkum May and October and both visits were very good so much so that we did not want to go home.

sarah391

security at apartments
Hi Molly

We have had an apartment at Sunflower since August 2006 and we go out late May, July, August and early October. May and October are our favourite times because the weather is good -around 32deg in the day and around 25deg in the evenings so you can explore more without collapsing in the heat and it's not so busy ! You won't need to bag a sunbed in these months - they are like gold dust in the school summer holidays only. The resort itself is fairly quiet in May but not as quiet as October. A trip to Ephesus and Kusadasi is a must and a day trip to Bodrum is on most people's agendas although we love Turgetris about 20mins from Bodrum -much nicer. Don't bother going to Akbuk -we went in October and put the quietness down to it being out of season so we went again in August and it was just the same! The sunset in Mavashir is beautiful (20 mins by Dolmus)and the market there is great -cheaper than Didim market and with a lot nicer products -eg pretty jewellery and crafts and not as much hassle (and it's under cover!). When you get talking to other residents at Sunflower you'll find we're a friendly bunch and anyone will tell you the best ways to get to these places. Good luck!

Sarah:95im:

CathnPete

security at apartments
Hi Molly,

Welcome to the Sunflower site! You have had a lot of good advice from other people on the forum especially young Sarah. We probably spend more time at Sunflower than most people although Allan and his wife moved out in August full time. May and June are lovely months to be there. The pool is filled again usually on 1st of May and that's when the pool bar starts up again too. As Sarah said the weather is lovely and not too hot. Everybody is very friendly and expect to meet some really nice people who will be happy to meet you too!

Mavesehir (? spellin') market is lovely but we like Soke market too. You can get a dolmus which takes just under an hour for about 4ytl and there is little or no hassle there which is nice.

Anway, once you are out there I'm sure Sunflowerians (?) will be happy to have a chat and tell you about all the best restaurants/bars/markets/excursions............! Looking forward to meeting you too.

Love

Cathi n Pete (The Efes aka "health drink" king) ha, ha! xxx

security at apartments
Hi Molly. We have also owned an apartment on Sunflower (D5) since 2005 and we usually try to get out on the 1st flight in May at the last flight in October. It is much quieter at these times of the year and much cooler. The complex is also peaceful and sometimes we have had the pool to ourselves - ideal if you just want peace and quiet. We also try to get out in Jul/Aug but you can see a big difference around the complex and there has been the odd problem with sunbeds. The restaurants close by are fantastic (Didim Cafe, Arti's, Alo 24 to name but a few) but for a bit of entertainment you really need to be going closer to the beach - the only problem is there are too many nice ones to choose!! The complex is friendly and we have made some good friends - hope to see you there in May.
Have a lovely Christmas and a good new year :49:

mazanaldo

security at apartments
Hi, my wife and I have been owners since 2006 at Sunflower,and now have made the move to Turkey permanently,so we are able to assist if any owners require help with anything that has to be done in Turkey.In response to your question, the complex is quiet ,but starts to pick up in May,through till Oct.We were here last MAY,before we moved out permanently in Aug this year,and found the resort to be reasonably busy,with the complex at Sunflower probably having about a dozen or so resident/guest families using the complex.Weather was warm about 30c or so ,and as in height of summer,there is always plenty to do in and around the resort.Hope this helps-Alan & Mari

Latest Posts

Top Bottom