hijo

in my own clique
Second-hand shops in Turkey
..i did think about ..a second hand furniture shop a few years ago ..when i asked a turkish friend of mine were i could buy some 2nd hand garden furniture,he told me it wasn,t turkish culture to buy used furniture..now there popping up everywere ..only wish i got in at the begining..:)

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
There are at least half a dozen second-hand / Ev Kur shops in and around Fethiye. They're very popular.

Now that Boot Sales and second-hand markets are held regularly in the area the local Turkish population are really getting into the whole recycling thing.

hijo

in my own clique
..we have boot sales here also ..i remember i was looking for A4 size document shredder ..looked around the computer shops in town..and they were very pricey....also looked at ebay pretty much the same..there was one at this booty sale ..could,nt beleive my luck:wow: ..only 5 lira. .ps it still had a 13 amp plug on it..methinks someone brought it from the uk ..and thought it would,nt work here ..:pressie:..i put a normal 2 pin on ..worked perfect..:clap2:

Last edited:

saffie

Saffie
Have to say I always thought it pretty strange that there are so few second hand places. When I first came to Marmaris I spent ages trundling around trying to find some inexpensive furniture and could only find 2 places,both of them really expensive.

Since then there still is very little available second hand here so still hasn't caught on much,yet with so many locals with low incomes I would have thought there was a real need for such places.

Recently a friend of mine had a lovely new sofa that wanted to dispose of,so she went to the second hand store to ask if they wanted to buy it from her very cheaply. She took photos to show them and it was in pristine condition. He told her it was very nice and he would come and collect it for 50TL to take it off her hands!( she had to pay him!) I know of a number of people who have had similar experience-and generally find that if we have stuff to get rid of it's best to take it out to the bin area and you can almost guarantee that it's gone in less than half an hour.

Maisie

This happens in the UK. I put a out box that had four broken wheel trims in it. Bought new ones and put the old ones in the box. The box was gone before the rubbish collection. Our neighbour put out an old washing machine which did not work. He timed it. It took twenty minutes to disappear. Have also seen this happen in our street with old sofas, chairs etc. Our council charge us to remove bulky objects, so this would seem to be the "new" way for disposal. Maisie

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Theres a good second hand shop in Fethiye . last time i went in there was some lovely English Furniture that someone sold , oak cabinets and sofa's plus a big bed . some items were a bit pricey But still far cheaper than new . I love rooting around around in 2nd hand shops and car boot sales , Recently i found a Royal Crown Derby Paperwieght I found out its £159 in the shops so i was well chuffed . I'd love to open one myself But i think Europeans would want to much for thier stuff and make the buisness unprofitable . The rents are also a killer , GGRRRRRR I know just the place to open one as well Plus Turkish hubby to front it . Anyone fancy joining me ?????? ........Diane

val2661

Theres a good second hand shop in Fethiye . last time i went in there was some lovely English Furniture that someone sold , oak cabinets and sofa's plus a big bed . some items were a bit pricey But still far cheaper than new . I love rooting around around in 2nd hand shops and car boot sales , Recently i found a Royal Crown Derby Paperwieght I found out its £159 in the shops so i was well chuffed . I'd love to open one myself But i think Europeans would want to much for thier stuff and make the buisness unprofitable . The rents are also a killer , GGRRRRRR I know just the place to open one as well Plus Turkish hubby to front it . Anyone fancy joining me ?????? ........Diane
I think that's a great idea Diane. The only spot/secondhand shops we have in Alanya are so jumbled and also quite pricey. As you say the rents are just so exhorbitant, you'd be hard pushed to make a profit. It might be cheaper to rent an apartment and use one or two of the rooms as showrooms, whilst living there (just an idea).

Val

Latest Posts

Top Bottom